+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jam or Genius

Jam or Genius

Jonny Fortes winner - which was it?

Knew where the ball was coming from, knew where it had to go, got the (deft) touch which made the difference. Given your choice .... Genius!

Genius.

Shola or Stead wouldn’t have scored it.

At the time I thought it was a fortunate ricochet (not that I was bothered about that) - having watched the pitchside video several times I am convinced he knew exactly what he was doing. Not quite genius, but a very clever piece of improvisation - well done Jonny Forte! You deserved it.

We would have lost if either Stead or the useless allessandra had started the game.. Nolan has nothing to cheer about, he as cost us auatomatic promotion persisting with his hoof ball tacticts.. Another blinkered manager with his favourites..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    We would have lost if either Stead or the useless allessandra had started the game.. Nolan has nothing to cheer about, he as cost us auatomatic promotion persisting with his hoof ball tacticts.. Another blinkered manager with his favourites..
    Nice to see you happy for a change

Not exactly goal of the month but it's the sort of goal that makes up the numbers for a 20-odd goals a season a top striker gets. It's the touch that Jimmy Greaves and Georgie Best used to score with when defenders are confused.

Well done Jonathon Forte, I hope Nolly keeps him in the team for the last four games.

Technically he was offside so jam. The law states there has to be two players, one is normally the goalkeeper who in this instance was advanced beyond Forte when the ball was played forward.

The goalkeeper was also impeded for our first.

So in my opinion we had the rub of the green unlike in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Technically he was offside so jam. The law states there has to be two players, one is normally the goalkeeper who in this instance was advanced beyond Forte when the ball was played forward.
    I think you need your eyes testing. Firstly Forte is behind Ameobi when the ball is played and the keeper is definitely goal-side of both players at the same point in time.

Not your worst effort on this board by a long chalk mind.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post

The goalkeeper was also impeded for our first.

So in my opinion we had the rub of the green unlike in recent weeks.
    I don't suppose you saw the Coventry keeper pulling Virtue away to one side on the line when Forte scored the first, did you? Not one of their team appealed. Did you shout "PENALTY!"?

Did you perhaps see their number 6 standing offside and in line with Collins' sight of the shot when they scored? No? Hmm...

Goalkeeper and defender kept Forte onside for his second, did you shout "OFFSIDE, REFEREE!"? No, of course you didn't and none of their defenders appealed that either or even glanced over to the linesman.