+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Night Fair Play

Guys, I feel the disappointment, it’s oozing out of every fabric of my being, but this a chance to show everyone your class as supporters, and congratulate worthy champions. Once that’s done, boo, hiss, overturn the directors cars, do whatever the phukk you like, but please, take five minutes out of your lives and show some class.

I’ll not be there though, I’m currently in the South Pacific with the future owners of Dundee United Football Club United FTD4life

I agree best to show some respect. Ideal though would be if players showed something and actually won a match.

Ahlltan - if you are with future owners then I do hope you can reassure us the club will be in the safe hands.

The last few years have been tough and it would be good to have light at the end of the tunnel

St Mirren have got to win or draw first & that is not a given (Utd 6/4 Draw 23/10 St M 9/5).
    Also pause during this Buddies Love-in to consider that for the last three years they have had to endure allsorts of calamities that make our recent demise seem like a picnic.
    And there's a lesson for us there too, we will come back.
    All credit to them tho and back on opening post topic, I'll be applauding if they do get a point or more at Tannadice tomorrow but won't have to cos we're gonna win.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    St Mirren have got to win or draw first & that is not a given (Utd 6/4 Draw 23/10 St M 9/5).
    Also pause during this Buddies Love-in to consider that for the last three years they have had to endure allsorts of calamities that make our recent demise seem like a picnic.
    And there's a lesson for us there too, we will come back.
    All credit to them tho and back on opening post topic, I'll be applauding if they do get a point or more at Tannadice tomorrow but won't have to cos we're gonna win.
    Good point.

St Mirren went through huge upheaval and were staring relegation to league 1 in their Buddy pusses.

So did Dunfermline and so did Livingston. Three teams above us have went through the ****ter for a period recently and have rebuilt.

Proof that a decent sized base support can and will eventually give you the platform to move back up.

I’ll applaud, it must be the biggest minter in the world for players having your own fans applaud the other team so purely for that reason I’ll applaud them.

I was thinking along the same lines as Alts and if truth be told, he beat me to the suggestion. I don't think I will turn up at Tanny tomorrow evening, but if I do, and St Mirren lift the title, then I will applaud them at the end of the game (unless I've left due to a humiliating scoreline). We are supposed to be Fair Play supporters, the best in Europe, but as others have remarked on, the team's efforts in those days made us all proud, proud to be a Shed, even in the jaws of defeat. If Saints do lift the title, I want to see our players applaud them off the park.

Saints have achieved what we should have. They are the example of how it's done. We should not be too proud to honour their achievement. Shabs team talk should include the demand that either we beat the Saints and delay their party, or, we (the players) applaud them rapturously at the end of the game, even indulge in a clapping salute to their loyal fans.

If we can't beat them, join them!
    Last edited by RAM1971; 09-04-2018 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdad View Post
    And while I remember, I stayed back like thousands of others after the 1987 UEFA cup final as much to honour the efforts of one of the greatest groups of players ever to play for United and there phenomenal efforts to reach that final. The current crop aren't fit to lace the boots of those players. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I feel spectacularly let down by the majority of our players this season.
    I completely agree with this, I was there that night too. Like chalk and cheese by comparison to today’s shambles.

On OP, absolutely, St Mirren have shown themselves to be worthy of their current position and should be applauded accordingly if they finish the job.

They will have earned our respect and we should be gracious enough to acknowledge same.

If this does turn out to be the case hopefully it will finally get through to our bunch of kiddie on footballers that hard work, application, effort, organisation and a team ethos all sadly missing from our mob is what gets you into the position they are in.

I really hope that i’m not acknowledging their success tomorrow because our team has yet again failed to turn up ........well in Scobbie and Lewis’ case because they actually did turn up on the park.

Hope we at least give them a game, a win would be even better, they are bringing a big crowd through would be nice to spoil it and at last believe our team has some guts.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    I was thinking along the same lines as Alts and if truth be told, he beat me to the suggestion. I don't think I will turn up at Tanny tomorrow evening, but if I do, and St Mirren lift the title, then I will applaud them at the end of the game (unless I've left due to a humiliating scoreline). We are supposed to be Fair Play supporters, the best in Europe, but as others have remarked on, the team's efforts in those days made us all proud, proud to be a Shed, even in the jaws of defeat. If Saints do lift the title, I want to see our players applaud them off the park.

Saints have achieved what we should have. They are the example of how it's done. We should not be too proud to honour their achievement. Shabs team talk should include the demand that either we beat the Saints and delay their party, or, we (the players) applaud them rapturously at the end of the game, even indulge in a clapping salute to their loyal fans.

If we can't beat them, join them!
    Sorry male horned sheep but there's more chance of a Red Arrows flypast at 9.45 tmrw than our players 'clapping them off'.
    It isn't done and if our players were to set a precedent they would be ridiculed from Tamsin to Kerr to Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    Sorry male horned sheep but there's more chance of a Red Arrows flypast at 9.45 tmrw than our players 'clapping them off'.
    It isn't done and if our players were to set a precedent they would be ridiculed from Tamsin to Kerr to Fox.
    Smeds me old chum. It would only be right and proper for the United 'players' to applaud the St Mirren team as they leave the park, if they secure the title at Tanny tonight. It would be a very sporting gesture. A humiliating one at the same time, but nonetheless the gesture would be the correct one. A recognition of the St Mirren fans for their loyalty would be much in order also. The nearly got relegated last season.

If the Shed players are not humble enough to recognise worthy winners, fellow professionals, then they have the necessary incentive to win tonight. Either win tonight or be graceful in defeat. If we are too proud to recognise the worthy success of fellow competitors, then we have not sunk low enough yet and the sooner we get the next helping of humble pie, the better!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)