+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuesday Night Fair Play

Tuesday Night Fair Play

I’d like to think on Tuesday night, should the inevitable happen and St Mirren win the league at Tannadice, that the United support would applaud the St Mirren players for their achievements this season. It would show everyone that the Tannadice faithful recognise hard work and commitment, and are still passionate football fans.

It would be a good opportunity for us to be, once again, heralded as a decent support much akin to the UEFA Cup Final night at Tannadice. wotcha think peeps?

If St Mirren win on Tuesday the United players should be made to stay on the park and watch just how much winning promotion means to the Paisley side and their fans.

Good idea OP.

St Mirren are deserved champions this year.

There hasn't been much class around Tannadice for some time. The long-suffering support should applaud the Saints off the park. At the end of the day we have been miles off the pace.

We will have a clear out of dross during the summer. New start.

Sorry guys. I've seen too many clubs clinch titles at Tannadice to hang around after the final whistle. Saints are worthy winners but let's be honest they've won the league at a canter because United haven't put up any sort of fight since Christmas. We're a soft touch and anyone playing us knows they've got a good chance of 3 points. That's not something I'd want to applaud.

I'll be back in snug long before any of that, plus the point about the players watching to see what it means, nae point majority will be away at end of season anyway, theyre no giving a f uck.

And while I remember, I stayed back like thousands of others after the 1987 UEFA cup final as much to honour the efforts of one of the greatest groups of players ever to play for United and there phenomenal efforts to reach that final. The current crop aren't fit to lace the boots of those players. Sorry if that sounds harsh but I feel spectacularly let down by the majority of our players this season.

It probably depends on how the game goes whether I hang about at the end. If I'm there I'll give them their due respect.

St Mirren deserve respect for completely turning around their club. They have attributes that I wish we had such as team spirit and a feel good factor at the club. They play a system that has obviously worked in a pish poor league against dross teams.
    This however is a situation while predictable should never have been allowed to happen. It obviously wasn't enough to get officially relegated at Dens, now we have to watch a mediocre club win the 2nd tier league on our own patch.
    I won't be going as I may do something I'd regret, but if I was I'd be applauding f ucking nothing.

I won't be going - no thanks.

If St Mirren were not bringing such a big support to watch them win the league, this could have been the lowest attendance of the season.

Not sure if we had hit rock bottom just yet - we could fail to qualify for the play offs, Brechin could get their first win against us and we could get home gates below 3000 if things don't change.

Next season there will only be one part time team in the league ( Dumbarton ) and at least one new full time club will join the league ( Ayr or Raith Rovers, with maybe either part time Arbroath or Alloa - all these teams can give United a game, make no mistake about that ).

Still hoping against hope that somehow that players will find their mojo and pull off the surprise of the season by winning the play offs - but thats living in dreamland.

Congratulations to St Mirren on winning the league back in January, who would have guessed Livingston just need one point to finish 2nd in the league with still 5 league games to go !!!!!

I stayed behind at the Gothenburg game too, but it was more about defiance in the face of heartbreak and wanting to thank and lift those players who had given everything.

Think the OP sums us up a bit now, too soft, far too nice and far too easily accepting defeat. This is the St Mirren team that kicked us off the park through there in the televised game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)