+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Maynard Cosgrove

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    He never played for them and spent his 9 months in the reserves or injured, Wikipedia will tell you that
    It'll also tell you he was released and therefore a free signing
    Why did you ask where he was signed from them are you one of them ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Hey Pacman, ye say Salah only had 13 games for Chelsea so didna get a fair crack. How many games Maynard and Cosgrove played and ye have written em aff ��
    I actually just said we shouldn't be signing players from Carlisle. I also said a lot of the signings we have made have been ****e and only mentioned Zola and Brown. Haven't directly attacked either

Never wrote either off

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Why did you ask where he was signed from them are you one of them ?
    Because, you were saying we should be targetting overseas players.
    Sow was mentioned but he came up from England.
    He wasn't even scouted, it was a recommendation from Neil Alexanders time at Crystal Palace who also moved to Hearts at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I actually just said we shouldn't be signing players from Carlisle. I also said a lot of the signings we have made have been ****e and only mentioned Zola and Brown. Haven't directly attacked either

Never wrote either off
    Did you not say in the summer that Maynard would get 20 goals this season?

Okay have you ever thought of changing your name to the oracle.

If you think we’re going to go anywhere with signing league 2 players as opposed to signing good players from abroad who will have better technical ability well there’s no helping you

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Okay have you ever thought of changing your name to the oracle.

If you think we’re going to go anywhere with signing league 2 players as opposed to signing good players from abroad who will have better technical ability well there’s no helping you

Ok Basingstokered.
    Which good players can we sign from abroad, within our budget that will improve our squad?
    I previously cited a sh!t load that Hearts tried and failed with, so who's better that would come to us.

Unfortunately the chances to sign a Snelders or Gilhaus and the likes are long gone.

Have read all of the comments so my thoughts are

1. We spend all of the money we earn so the fact that some squad fillers only get paid £1K-£2K isn't because we are penny pinching, it's all we can afford for some squad places
    2. There is no doubt that we have had a pretty abysmal track record in these squad filler types especially forwards and whilst other teams also have signed doughnuts look at Motherwell who signed Moult from non-league football and when they lost him then signed his replacement from the old Division 3 and bet you neither of them is getting paid what we pay our players.
    3. Although he has only played 8 minutes, and nothing personal against the lad but honestly trust me, Cosgrove will never bring the sort of quality that we need to improve as a first team
    4. If we only sign players on higher wages (and in theory that should bring a better quality of player) do we take a risk and go with a smaller squad of higher paid players and hope for not too many injuries or suspensions?
    5. I would support looking at the Scandinavian market as I think that they are well suited to the Scottish game given their physicality and will already speak English but worry like the earlier poster said that we may not get any better quality for the money (these are countries richer than Scotland so likely well paid already). Less keen on Eastern European players tbh plus may be visa issues for some of those countries. Somehow we need to attract the right quality of player not by way of higher wages but as a gateway to EPL like Celtic have done.
    6. I don't always agree with Mason but he nailed it with his comments on youth players being the way forward for us. They are usually pretty lowly paid when they break through so my vote would be to stop all of these Maynard/Cosgrove £1K-£2K a week signings as you need to throw too many darts at the board for one to stick, but rather focus on signing players in the £3K-£4K bracket that will really make a difference to the first team and run with a lesser number of over 21 type players and backfill the squad places with younger players brought through like McKenna/Harvie/Ross/Wright.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

Ok Basingstokered.
    Which good players can we sign from abroad, within our budget that will improve our squad?
    I previously cited a sh!t load that Hearts tried and failed with, so who's better that would come to us.

Unfortunately the chances to sign a Snelders or Gilhaus and the likes are long gone.
    I’m not really employed as a scout so I’m unsure however if your willing to pay the costs I’m pretty sure I could go somewhere and find something better than league 2.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Did you not say in the summer that Maynard would get 20 goals this season?
    After hearing what i heard from an ex team mate of his(dons fan too), that he was the best finisher he had ever seen, i was full of hope. Not going to deny that. I think if he had got a goal early doors in his time he would be a different player.
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 09-04-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    After hearing what i heard from an ex team mate of his(dons fan too), that he was the best finisher he had ever seen, i was full of hope. Not going to deny that. I think if he had got a goal early doors in his time he would be a different player.
    Oh my sides are splitting,seriously if he got an early goal you think he'd be a 20 a season man? I said when we signed him he'd be a dud and id hope to be proved wrong,unfortunately i was right

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast