+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: should he stay or should he go?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: should he stay or should he go?

Why is the 'i would be happy for him to leave' vote on 0, when one or two have expressed this opinion on numerous occasions ?

Cowardice ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    Why is the 'i would be happy for him to leave' vote on 0, when one or two have expressed this opinion on numerous occasions ?

Cowardice ?
    Because that was the opinion when he refused to play a proper balanced unit. He's since changed his stance and has been setting the team up to play football and having a go throughout. That's all that was asked and is what's happening, so on that score why would I want him to leave.

If he reverts back to earlier when the players were sick as parrots and showing it, having to defend for most of the matches then there would be my vote on the "I would be happy for him to leave" Part.

Simple really, for me. You and anyone else can do and think as you/they wish.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Because that was the opinion when he refused to play a proper balanced unit. He's since changed his stance and has been setting the team up to play football and having a go throughout. That's all that was asked and is what's happening, so on that score why would I want him to leave.

If he reverts back to earlier when the players were sick as parrots and showing it, having to defend for most of the matches then there would be my vote on the "I would be happy for him to leave" Part.

Aye,because it has nothing to do with getting a few players in on loan in January.Could have sworn Rafa said in August he wanted a goalie,a striker and his interest in Kenedy was well known.
    He didn't refuse to play this way.He couldn't because he didn't have what he knew we wanted.
    For that one man is to blame.Ashley,not Rafa.Who knows where we could have been if Rafa was backed in the summer.

Have you never heard the saying(you can only Feck with the c0ck you've got)Rafa started attacking more when he got a decent keeper and Kenedy,plus players like Dummet and Lejuene coming back from injury on top of that Diame and Shelvey got some form,that's more than half a side,our stand ins were not good enough that is why Rafa defended deep to try and keep us in the Prem on the cheap like Sports Direct.

I think there is some confusion as to voting, I clicked on the poll at the top of the page, some just said yes or no in their reply.

Fact is, if it was your decision, Rafa wouldn´t be our manager any more.

What a master stroke that would´ve been, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Aye,because it has nothing to do with getting a few players in on loan in January.Could have sworn Rafa said in August he wanted a goalie,a striker and his interest in Kenedy was well known.
    Chelsea wouldn't let Kenedy go until January.
    The goalie has done ok for what he's had to do, which is very little in most matches. Rafa could have changed things up with what he had at his disposal but chose not to.
    By all means argue it differently.

He didn't refuse to play this way.He couldn't because he didn't have what he knew we wanted.
    He chose to play that way because he was over cautious and got stumped for it. Playing Joselu when he had other options was bordering on mental.

For that one man is to blame.Ashley,not Rafa.Who knows where we could have been if Rafa was backed in the summer.
    One man to blame and that was Rafa.
    He's getting it right but he was to blame earlier on as far as I'm concerned. You can think what you want to but you won't change my earlier thoughts.

I know this is pointless but. . .

Do you really think that Rafa would have played the same way earlier in the season if he'd got the Kenedy, the keeper and striker he wanted in Summer?

He didn't change the way he played after Jan because he thought - oh Ghost isn't happy i better change. He changed it because he got the personal he wanted to play the system.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Have you never heard the saying(you can only Feck with the c0ck you've got)Rafa started attacking more when he got a decent keeper and Kenedy,plus players like Dummet and Lejuene coming back from injury on top of that Diame and Shelvey got some form,that's more than half a side,our stand ins were not good enough that is why Rafa defended deep to try and keep us in the Prem on the cheap like Sports Direct.
    Rafa started balancing it out when he kept getting stung by playing over cautious.
    The players that upped their game, did so after being disheartened playing dire stuff, in my opinion.
    As for Kenedy and Dubravka...yep, good additions and Kenedy being used in an attacking role has helped enhance the mindset of the rest of the players and it's no coincidence that Diame and Shelvey have upped their games, plus Ritchie and the rest, to be fair.

Every excuse in the world was used to enable Rafa to be free of criticism which he deserved at the time.
    Right now he deserves plaudits but he'll get it in droves if he ever deals out garbage like he did earlier on.

some people know football, others know how to wind people up!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)