+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ............without jumping the gun

............without jumping the gun

..and with respect to the teams in the situation they are. Are there any players in the potential relegation candidates worth a look in any summer fire sales? Interested to hear you opinions?

Without looking at depth charts and being aware of any contract situations, off the top of my head I dont fancy any too many WBA players - maybe Gibbs or that lad Phillips or is Chadlii worth a look? Stoke maybe Pieters, Zouma or Shaquri, Southampton - Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Gabbiadinni, Redmond or Bertrand?

What do you think for fun?

Gibbs we looked at but he wanted stupid wages.

Agreed on not many baggies players. Philips hasn't impressed me at all this season, i'd of liked him when baggies bought him but now . .. much less so.

Shaquri i think will go back to a europe, although he is type of player i could see Everton buying

Southampton if they go down - several of their players i'd have. I think Tadic is one of the few things me and Pboro have agreed on We both said we'd like him here - i think it was Tadic anyway

If saints go down, it'll hurt them alot because i can see a lot of their starting squad running.

Tbh, either Rondon or Jay Rodriguez would be a massive upgrade on Joselu although I wouldn't want them as Gayle's replacement-I think we need to push the boat out for that.

Rodriguez - yeh, wouldn't mind him here.

Rondon, i just don't rate.

I think that Rodriguez will stay with them personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    ..and with respect to the teams in the situation they are. Are there any players in the potential relegation candidates worth a look in any summer fire sales? Interested to hear you opinions?

Without looking at depth charts and being aware of any contract situations, off the top of my head I dont fancy any too many WBA players - maybe Gibbs or that lad Phillips or is Chadlii worth a look? Stoke maybe Pieters, Zouma or Shaquri, Southampton - Tadic, Ward-Prowse, Gabbiadinni, Redmond or Bertrand?

What do you think for fun?
    Zouma, Tadic and one of the strikers as back up would be my shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Tbh, either Rondon or Jay Rodriguez would be a massive upgrade on Joselu although I wouldn't want them as Gayle's replacement-I think we need to push the boat out for that.
    Aye. They would be, but to be fair I think we could do better than anything on offer from these three and would be happy to see top dollar being paid for a talisman - one in the summer would have seen us pushing top 7 with the amount of missed chances so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Rodriguez - yeI h, wouldn't mind him here.

Rondon, i just don't rate.

I think that Rodriguez will stay with them personally.
    I could give them both a miss. Inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Zouma, Tadic and one of the strikers as back up would be my shout.

Fair shout. I think 9, 10 and a fullback should be priority - along with Kenedy.
    Last edited by Jammy89; 09-04-2018 at 03:24 PM. Reason: Sorting quote box out.

I’d take Tadic, Bertrand and Gabbiadini

Bertrand would be a good addition but not sure about the attitudes of the other two
    We've a nice steady ship at the minute

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)