+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Our Wide Players

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    Jimmy Rudd the best when he took penalties as he ran up you didn't know which foot he was going to use,and the winger who replaced him was nearly as good can you make him Casper.
    Was it little Keith Bambridge hotun?

Keith was in Hospitality recently with Peter Madden ( Big bloke )
    I was talking to Peter at Rochdale away, he made me feel young when he said to me " I'm old enough to be your father " and he is .

If it's not Keith Bambridge I've no idea without looking it up.

No not Bambridge this player seems to be one of the forgotten players Walter Rickett played for United,Wednesday and us, lived in Darnall great player.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Was it little Keith Bambridge hotun?

Keith was in Hospitality recently with Peter Madden ( Big bloke )
    I was talking to Peter at Rochdale away, he made me feel young when he said to me " I'm old enough to be your father " and he is .

If it's not Keith Bambridge I've no idea without looking it up.
    Season that Rudd finished his Millers career (1951/2) - he was replaced by Tomlinson for a while, then Len White

You are correct Mike my memory let me down not for the first time delete Rickett and replace with Charlie Tomlinson from Darnall

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    You are correct Mike my memory let me down not for the first time delete Rickett and replace with Charlie Tomlinson from Darnall
    Rickett's Millers debut was not long after, on 27/09/52. We won 1-0 v Fulham at Millmoor (Rawson scored)
    Bambridge's Millers first team career started in 1955/6 season

I was too young to see Rudd, Tomlinson, White or Rickett play, but I did see Bambridge playing for the Millers reserves. There were few players over six foot tall in those days, but even then Bambridge looked tiny in comparison with the other players!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 10-04-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Have to admit Mike & hotun I don't recognise any of those names apart from Rudd.
    Was you too young to remember Albert ' Sheeny ' Wilson hotun?

By the way I'm almost sure you owe me a pint from when the Red House pub closed down...LOL.

Casper my first match was around 1948/49 taken by the then Secretary Mr Heald in his car who lived round the corner on Keppel Drive did not see Sheeny I don't think,I know that you know me but have not got a clue who you are,but if a pint is owed it will be honoured.Early memory is cycling from scholes and leaving pushbike in backyard of Millmoor Hotel and sitting at side of my hero Jack Grainger on bus from Chapeltown and we were talking about the chap who used to make his way to ground with the aid of a three legged stool,oh happy days in the innocence of youth.After women the mil!ers and YCCC always been my second loves

1948 / 49 that's some dedication hotun.
    ' Memories are made of this '
    I owe you an apology for misleading you it wasn't the Red House pub.....it was the Woodman opposite Devonshire St.
    You used to come in with the same pal every home game.
    A bloke called Royston used to drink in there as well, nice guy to talk to.

Winger : who could forget Neil Uncle Colin Warnock, he used to get some right stick from some of comedians in the Millmoor Lane Stand.

OK Casper got you

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123