+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: o/t kempo, which side of the bed do you prefer to sleep on?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Although I can't disagree Pocket rocket it is an O/T subject and they are allowed. It isn't offensive it's just another way of mourning a poster who deliberately and consistantly antaganised other members.
    Only if you let them.

I think it’s says OT So nobody has to read it I agree with that.
    But surely the idea of this site is to encourage discussions etc from genuine millers.
    Seen a few genuine millers on here in the last couple of months say the same things about these kind of threads which imo are done to say look at me rather than bring anything positive to the site.

Don’t think Pocket and others will be the last to stop posting.
    And the usual you won’t be missed comments imo are exactly what the original OP wants.

Sad but true.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Only if you let them.
    Please expand. I feel that whatever I write may come accross wrong and I don't want to do that.

Let them deliberately and consistantly antaganised other members?

Allow O/T threads?

I want to get a general feeling of what people think. If I am doing something wrong or out of order then I want members to tell me straight. If they're upset with a decision I've made then I am happy to discuss it to a degree. I try to take into consideration as much as I can and discuss it with the other Mods before I make a decision that is for the good of the majority of members.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    It's a pity that you can't tell if some of the posters on here are true Rotherham fans Frog which i suspect they aren't then you could sift a few baddies out. The clues are they rarely talk about team or club matters and when they do it is in a negative or uninformed way. i am pretty sure that certain posters on here have no interest in Rotrherham United (they and we all know who they are)and probably no interest in football at all they just come on here to wind up folks for a bit of sport. Maybe we should feel sorry for them though if their lives have descended to that.

It seems a bit perverse that they are driving away true bona fida supporters like Pocket who does post about team and club matters. its almost like an act of wilful sabotage.
    I do think that most who post on here are Rotherham fans. We do get our friendly visiters from Barnsley, Wolves, Burnley, Notts County and Millwall and they only visit because in the whole the site is friendly. We do have a lot of great topics that a lot of members contribute to.
    The Wilful sabotage has been done in the past and was dealt with. It was done by Kempo who received a short ban under the old system.
    It also doesn't help when I am slagged off by people who hold a grudge against me and consistantly let other Rotherham Fans on other forums believe how much of a bully I am. Maybe I should just let this go over my head but as a Moderator on here my name (Frogmiller) unfortunately is perminently linked to MillersMad.

So we have options to make as a whole. We can all make other members feel comfortable when they log onto MM and post what they feel.
    OR
    We can p1ss people off at will and not consider the consiquences of logging on with no one else there to debate with.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It also doesn't help when I am slagged off by people who hold a grudge against me and consistently let other Rotherham Fans on other forums believe how much of a bully I am.
    It's probably all by the same person ( I won't bother giving him the extra publicity that he obviously craves, by naming him), under various guises, so I wouldn't worry about it too much if I were you

Not against other footie fans coming on Frog I think they add to the board even Ben the piggywig adds something in his own little way and the Barnsley lads are great with footie related and o/t posts. I don't think you are a bully for one moment Frog and I would think most people would agree with that statement on here. Also happy with o/t threads by gum I contribute enough to em. Its a difficult job you have to be fair and there are no easy answers to it. Maybe just delete threads/ posts that you think are getting a bit "look at me" type without banning anybody then the posters in question will soon learn that it is a waste of time starting / making such threads/ posts. Good luck!
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-04-2018 at 11:57 AM.

Frog,I mean if you let them upset you they will .I think if you look at most O/Ts it’s those that cause the most problems.it does p!ss me off when a footballer dies & an O /T gets 130 more replies.The political posts, racial post all attract the say posters who reply over 20 time to the same post all trying to be smarter than the other yet 10 football related posts on the same page never get a reply.Move the O/Ts.

I've always been puzzled why some people on here are so sensitive and easily offended.
    I don't like the interminable posts about politics and the way some people feel the need to aggressively ram their views down the throats of those who may disagree with them or simply have a different opinion. I used to read such posts and find myself getting irritated about them but I rarely contributed. Then I decided I would just ignore certain O/T subjects and threads started by some posters and, guess what, job done. It really is that easy.
    When people say they're not going to contribute any more because of the action of certain other posters it does seem rather childish and weak.
    How about doing something positive about it instead, like starting or contributing to posts about the Millers and ignoring all the other rubbish.
    That would be a lot more impressive than running away and taking your ball home with you 😕

Frog, you're being too hard on yourself, I think you do a fine job as a mod.

Monty metaphorically handed me a baton and told me to run with it. I did as I was told, thinking we were back in the good old days. But then I realised those days had gone for good and stopped to ask the Rhodester where was I supposed to be running to. Monty then frowned and held up an empty toast rack and I quickly got the message. I was to attract K's attention and then talk him into returning. I've always been a sucker for a lost cause (and extra toast and marm in the morning) so off I stumbled.

When I finally fell, into an old lady's arms, it struck me good and proper. Not her ire but the fact that I was sure K had actually gone for good. Pity.

Fully respect Pocket's point of view and its a shame he no longer feels comfortable with this board. However, I think we need some perspective here. At the moment, my "front page" view shows twenty current threads (plus the "stickies" at the top) of which just three are OT. My impression is that this is a fairly typical day. The OT posts aren't exactly getting in the way and sidelining those about football.

Two of the OT posts clearly mention the word '"Kempo" in the title so you know what they're going to be about. The third is Brin's joke thread so ditto.

I really don't find this hard. Some of the OT stuff may be attention grabbing and seems childish to those not involved. To others it's quite funny and/or interesting. There's room for both - and it's really not getting in the way of football.

The moderators' job should be about stopping people from crossing the line in terms of personal abuse and removing things that are illegal. They really shouldn't have to worry about why certain people's sensibilities make them decide they don't want to post anymore.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 10-04-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast