+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tomorrows games

Not bad results at all in League 2, with the added bonus of our little brother losing (and not scoring) again! Two wins from the last 4 games should now guarantee a playoff place.

F00k me I agree with Tarquers, I think I need a lie down.

On a different note, maybe a statue for Fatty Evans for so royally screwing up Mansfield’s season.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    Absolutely.....now Nolo needs to think about going for the automatic promotion....throw everything into this....draws are pointless.....4 wins?.....no more "managing the clock"
    Absolutely bang on Tarqs

With our superior goal difference,six points would guarantee a playoff place,but we need to win all our remaining games to claim the final automatic spot in my opinion.

Still can't get over losing to Barnet and Chesterfield ffs.... ah those points would be so useful now..

oh and if we had beaten Exeter back in January... ah the those penalties in the 90 something minutes...

Sigh

All in all it was a good night for the club. Swindon and Mansfield have now played the same amount of games as us and we are six points clear of 8th place.

So the maximum points Swindon can get is 76 points, although after this weekend 73 or 74 points could be enough to secure a playoff place.

Turning towards automatic, it’s still within reach. Lincoln could be a contender with their two games in hand of us, although one of these games is against Wycombe so both can’t win.

At the end of the day we can get 82 points. We should just go for it and see what happens. Pull out all the stops while it’s mathematically possible. Wycombe need 8 points from 5 games to get to 82 points so that’s two wins and two draws and one defeat for them. Anything less than that and the door is open.

I may be going against the grain here but I know people are pointing out the Barnet, Chesterfield, Crawley and Exeter games as defining games as to why we are not in the automatic promotion places. However we’ve only lost ten games and only Accrington, Wycombe and Lincoln have lost less at 9 with Luton the best at 8 defeats. If we had converted two or three of the 13 draws this season to wins we would be sat in 3rd place. That is the fine margins we are talking about.

Absolutely.....now Nolo needs to think about going for the automatic promotion....throw everything into this....draws are pointless.....4 wins?.....no more "managing the clock"
    My sentiments precisely!

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    My sentiments precisely!
    I genuinely believe that the results tonight mean we are in the play~offs....no way do both those teams pick up an EXTRA 7 points over 4 games....I doubt whether they can even get 7 points to be honest.

Nolo needs to say, "lets go for it"....starting on Saturday.....play 3 up front, Stead, Shola and Forte......Grant, Hewey and Noble in midfield...pound that ball into the box...simples

I genuinely believe that the results tonight mean we are in the play~offs....no way do both those teams pick up an EXTRA 7 points over 4 games....I doubt whether they can even get 7 points to be honest.

Nolo needs to say, "lets go for it"....starting on Saturday.....play 3 up front, Stead, Shola and Forte......Grant, Hewey and Noble in midfield...pound that ball into the box...simples
    With you all the way on that. Furthermore, why not play a pioneering 4-3-1-3 with Grant just behind the front three and use Dan Jones as a rush goalie? (he's quick so would probably be best choice due to the rushing part)

The two wing backs, Tootle and Jones, could move forward forming a strong midfield 5 when required to apply the pressure to create chances for the front 4, while Forte, with his undoubted pace, could run over and cover at LB when Jones has to rush to be in goal. It's taken me 42 games to realise this is what we should have been doing all season.

Imagine the fear we'd strike into defences when the centre halves, Duffy and Brisley, also come forward for corners and other set pieces.Utter mayhem and defensive terror in the opposition area. At such times Jones and Forte can be ready to run back really fast and take their place should a swift counter attack ensue due to lost possession.

In addition to these obvious tactical gems, with Jones' excellent set piece delivery skills, our goal kicks would become precision weapons delivered straight onto the heads of our strike force from long range, with the laces facing away, taking the opposing defence completely by surprise and confusing their goalkeeper. It's all so clear now. Bring on Saturday!

Come on Nolo, you know it all makes sense.

Tootle - Duffy - Brisley - Jones (RG)

Noble - Hewitt - Milsom

Grant

Stead - Forte - Ameobi
    Last edited by SwalePie; 11-04-2018 at 12:44 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast