+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Players presentation next week winners and losers

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    It's just a different perspective Danny. I believe we need to start doing what's best for the club and not what reactionary fans think is best. It's not going to be easy but we currently have a manager with a decent track record that was universally accepted by the fans on appointment. Results have been terrible, I believe because there are too many players not capable (or, worse, not buying into) what Csaba is trying to do. He needs time to sort this out. For the sake of the club we need to start taking a longer term view than a few months.
    Please quote this "decent track record". He had an average record at Hearts when they were throwing £15k a week at players. Do a bit of research and see what the majority of Hearts think of him...

He's transformed a team capable of winning the league into a laughing stock who may not even squeeze into the last playoff spot. Perhaps you find that acceptable? I don't.

Just out of curiousity, how bad does it need to get before we hold our hands up and admit that he's been a disastrous appointment? missing the playoffs? Losing to Brechin? Finishing miles behind another team with half our budget next season??

I couldn't care less if it means we move on to our ump****th manager in however many years, he has to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    That's not why it should be cancelled. It should be cancelled because we don't have a single player worthy of any awards, not one.

How bad does it need to get for you waken up? You're happy to keep the worst manager in our entire history (by some distance btw) whilst rewarding the worst squad of "footballers" i've ever had the misfortune to witness. I really wonder about some of our fans...
    If were all like you DD there would be no one there. Is that what you want? Cowdenbeath crowds? Wonder a bit more about our fans & you'll maybe realise that's just what we are, fans. I'm in my 6th decade attending Tannadice, not every season has been amazing, the majority of them have been for one reason or another & for that I'll be eternally grateful. Why not keep your misery to yourself & let us support our Club as we see fit?

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    If were all like you DD there would be no one there. Is that what you want? Cowdenbeath crowds? Wonder a bit more about our fans & you'll maybe realise that's just what we are, fans. I'm in my 6th decade attending Tannadice, not every season has been amazing, the majority of them have been for one reason or another & for that I'll be eternally grateful. Why not keep your misery to yourself & let us support our Club as we see fit?
    WTF are you rambling about you utter buffoon? Cancelling an awards cermony because none of this current mob are worthy of being rewarded will lead to crowds of 300???

Quote Originally Posted by Danny_Dyer View Post
    WTF are you rambling about you utter buffoon? Cancelling an awards cermony because none of this current mob are worthy of being rewarded will lead to crowds of 300???
    I'm not rambling, I'm just asking you to keep your negative outlook to yourself. You seem to be hell bent on sinking all fans to your depths of despair.

Sure the FED POTY has been cancelled the past few years, as other have said, really hard to applaud anyone of the players and praise them and award them after the sh1te we've yet again endured.

Ram it!

I kind of understand the sentiment behind cancelling it but, ultimately, it just seems a little childish to me.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I kind of understand the sentiment behind cancelling it but, ultimately, it just seems a little childish to me.
    Childish or not, theres not alot the players deserve to be awarded for...

Quote Originally Posted by SmedDUm View Post
    The problem for United is that there are more people like DD and me than you. The majority of people who go to watch football won't put up with the pile of sh1t that is currently being served up at Tannadice.

Football clubs need more than just the superfans who will turn up regardless, they need to put something decent on the pitch to attract the more discerning customer.

Call me a gloryhunter or a part time supporter - I don't care. I won't pay over £20 to watch what's on offer at the moment and the club can't survive without people like DD and me.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Childish or not, theres not alot the players deserve to be awarded for...
    There aren't any you are right.

But. And as many many fans say the club is financially ****ed. So why on earth would we cancel an event that brings in revenue?

Can't have it both ways. We need the revenue.

Spike, a lot of Arabs don't have your opinion and that's evidenced by then continuing to turn up each week.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)