+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Players presentation next week winners and losers

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Treating it really seriously i think it should be cancelled.
    Of course it should.

But I suppose the club aren't in a position to say adios to the couple of grand it will make.

Quote Originally Posted by PortugueseFrank View Post
    Treating it seriously.

I reckon Scott Fraser will probably pick up most on what will be a pretty underwhelming evening with the usual average Invercarse food.
    Pleasing distraction to the player awards............... Invercarse raising the bar with the food these days to average.

They should gather all the players together then announce that the "Player of the Year" has been withheld due to no one being good enough to deserve the award.

This could be a good night if approached in the right way.
    Need to slightly tweak the categories though.
    Underachiever of the Year
    Young Underachiever of the Year
    Underachieving Manager's Underachiever
    Underachievers' Underachiever
    None of the players would want to win and would hide when it was being played out. Something they are good at!!

This event should be cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobydufc View Post
    Aeabtrust sponsoring this shindig at Invercarse shortly
    Could be an amusing evening
    Player of the year
    Young player of the year
    Managers Player
    Players player
    whats everybodies thoughts
    In answer to OP and trying to take this seriously. Yes it’s thin gruel but we are a team 4th (just) in championship and I’m sure ICT, Falkirk and Morton will be doing player awards.

I can only think that Stanton and Durnan have played enough games and given enough effort to team to be considered for player of the year awards.

Given reports of player unrest be interesting to see who gets players player

Young player - I guess Robson and Smith are the main candidates. Harry Lewis also could be in running I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    This event should be cancelled.
    A bit dramatic. Every football club has an event like this and there's no way it should be cancelled just because some fans are in the cream puff.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    A bit dramatic. Every football club has an event like this and there's no way it should be cancelled just because some fans are in the cream puff.
    That's not why it should be cancelled. It should be cancelled because we don't have a single player worthy of any awards, not one.

How bad does it need to get for you waken up? You're happy to keep the worst manager in our entire history (by some distance btw) whilst rewarding the worst squad of "footballers" i've ever had the misfortune to witness. I really wonder about some of our fans...

Maybe a special award for the most abused fans, I guess we would will.

It's just a different perspective Danny. I believe we need to start doing what's best for the club and not what reactionary fans think is best. It's not going to be easy but we currently have a manager with a decent track record that was universally accepted by the fans on appointment. Results have been terrible, I believe because there are too many players not capable (or, worse, not buying into) what Csaba is trying to do. He needs time to sort this out. For the sake of the club we need to start taking a longer term view than a few months.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)