+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Green Travel Survey - Red Army Set To Go Green

Green Travel Survey - Red Army Set To Go Green

Hi - I'm a lifelong Millers fan who works in transport. I'm currently producing a Green Travel Plan for Rotherham United to see if we can encourage more Millers to access the ASSEAL New York Stadium using sustainable and healthy travel methods. I'm doing the project for free, though I'm hoping that I can use the work as a case study to help promote my new consultancy. If anyone has the time I'd be really grateful if you could spend a few minutes to complete the survey.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...et-to-go-green

UTM

Would have done it but can’t do it on I phone sorry

Any chance of a taxi?

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Would have done it but can’t do it on I phone sorry
    Hi Yak - I'm using "Survey Monkey" to conduct the questionnaire and unfortunately it only works with desktops and not phones or tablets. But thanks for trying.
    Last edited by Whippet; 04-04-2018 at 09:26 PM.

Most of the vehicles I see on the road belching out black exhaust smoke are buses.

There are no buses that go to the stadium though.

There was one that stopped across the road near the old ground but it's since gone out of service.

What are people supposed to do, cycle there?

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    There are no buses that go to the stadium though.

There was one that stopped across the road near the old ground but it's since gone out of service.

What are people supposed to do, cycle there?
    I'm already getting some interesting results from the survey and once we've got more data I will be talking to the local bus companies. Some people do actually seem to be keen on cycling, but would like more secure bike racks. I will make sure that the results are available once the survey is completed for supporters to see.

Why is there no mention of electric vehicle charging points as part of this survey?

It is possible to drive a car and have green credentials.

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Why is there no mention of electric vehicle charging points as part of this survey?

It is possible to drive a car and have green credentials.
    That's a really good point and idea. It's something that we will certainly think about when we put the report together. Thanks for completing the questionnaire BTW.

I agree that Busses direct to main street would potentially make it a lot easier for some people. Might even see an increase in attendances too.

Even if on a Saturday First/Stagecoach ran busses from say Swinton, Thorpe Hesley, Treeton and Maltby this would kind of cover off all 4 sides of Rotherham with stops on the way into town to make more pick ups. Then drop off on Main Street.

Worth a try, even if it's just 1 bus an hour from 12:30pm until kick off it might get some interest.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast