+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MATCH DAY POST: The Mighty Blades v Middlesbrough

Said it before and I’ll say it again. Despite Saturday gone. Lee Evans is classy. Top potential. Come on Blades!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by boltonblade View Post
    Said it before and I’ll say it again. Despite Saturday gone. Lee Evans is classy. Top potential. Come on Blades!!!!
    A win! Well done Blades and we'll done.Lee Evans.for.2.cracking goals. Feels like justice has been done.against the Boro...a team with an expensive manager and squad..
    which just.goes to prove that money doesn't guarantee anything cos they were dire IMHO

A great win which puts us back in it, just. Now onto the next 6 pointer.

well we rarely win 2 home games in a week but i really fancy us to beat millwall there due a defeat great win tonight but we dont half make it difficult for ourselves with overplaying it and sitting too deep we should have buried them tonight utb ftp

I think we can put that one down as 'job done'. On to the next one. All still to play for.

We have developed an uncanny ability to slow down the tempo, when the exact opposite seems the logical way to go...We looked the team a man light for long periods in that second half, don't know if it's just nerves or what, but it sure as hell is fraying mine......Call me old school but the best way to defend a two goal lead is to get another one ourselves ?

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post
    We have developed an uncanny ability to slow down the tempo, when the exact opposite seems the logical way to go...We looked the team a man light for long periods in that second half, don't know if it's just nerves or what, but it sure as hell is fraying mine......Call me old school but the best way to defend a two goal lead is to get another one ourselves ?
    agreed but Boro definitely upped the tempo in the second half and pressed us much higher which stopped us playing it through midfield. First half Fleck was able to turn on the ball, second half he couldn't or wouldn't take the risk so the ball kept going back to our back 4.

However despite everything Moore did not really have to do much apart from the goal and I know I was fearing the worst for another late one

Credit to them for hanging on..it will gdo their self-belief good.

Quote Originally Posted by redalwaysablade View Post
    We really med hard work of it Redders dint we? 2 magnificent goals tho and when BROOKSY put their defender on his arse,let's just say it med an owd man(Me) very very HAPPY,despite some thinkin he shud be brilliant every minute of every game i luv watchin the lad play cos i like to be entertained that's why i still idolise GOD.UTCB

2 excellent goals from Evans the 1st is a goal of the season contender we should have buried them don't know why we can't play for 90 mins,just hold them 2nd half for 10 mins and they would have got more desperate but Leon switches off at a set piece and its game on,Evans reverts to type giving ball away in dangerous areas on numerous occasions and 2 or 3 times I counted the players to make sure we did actually have one more on the pitch,havin said all that Moore had very little to do what he did wasn't exactly convincing need to play much better saturday this could be helped by stearman blackman and Duffy being restored. Looking at the table it's just so frustrating we could have been sitting pretty 6 points clear of 7th and that's just if we'd seen the Easter games and dingles out which should have been routine. Typical blades

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    2 excellent goals from Evans the 1st is a goal of the season contender we should have buried them don't know why we can't play for 90 mins,just hold them 2nd half for 10 mins and they would have got more desperate but Leon switches off at a set piece and its game on,Evans reverts to type giving ball away in dangerous areas on numerous occasions and 2 or 3 times I counted the players to make sure we did actually have one more on the pitch,havin said all that Moore had very little to do what he did wasn't exactly convincing need to play much better saturday this could be helped by stearman blackman and Duffy being restored. Looking at the table it's just so frustrating we could have been sitting pretty 6 points clear of 7th and that's just if we'd seen the Easter games and dingles out which should have been routine. Typical blades
    Too true Bully, It's a worrying trend when we boss a game for so long then someone throws a switch and we start giving the ball away in the silliest of places. Not doing my ticker any good.......It shows that there is really only a few quality teams in this League, despite what the S6 mob peddle, it's proving too difficult for them this time round, although having 50 players out injured each week is obviously a factor........despite half of em being back 'Fit'.....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast