Page 10 of 265 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    567
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Seems pretty clear that in January he definitely wanted to head south.
    Sounds like the moves or choices he’d thought he’d have, have not materialised.
    Don’t see a starting slot for him.
    I’d imagine Devin & McKenna were the central defensive partnership DM wants, and I don’t think he’s good enough to play in the “2” in midfield.
    He ain’t good enough to play anywhere send him back down here to league 2 oblivion if he thought he was too big for us in January

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,615
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Seems pretty clear that in January he definitely wanted to head south.
    Sounds like the moves or choices hed thought hed have, have not materialised.
    Dont see a starting slot for him.
    Id imagine Devin & McKenna were the central defensive partnership DM wants, and I dont think hes good enough to play in the 2 in midfield.
    Trouble is Del will see him exactly in that defensive midfield role.

    With Ball gone thats where hell slot him - and hes nae good enough.

    Id rather have Ball in there than AOC to be honest.

    As I said, he was great yesterday with two absolutely brilliant last gasp blocks in the box fae Dembele and McGregor but I will be disappointed if he signs - smacks of the constant extensions given to the likes of Langfield and Mackie - lazy, lacking ambition and clear evidence of a lack of desire to really progress the quality of the team on the park.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    Trouble is Del will see him exactly in that defensive midfield role.

    With Ball gone thats where hell slot him - and hes nae good enough.

    Id rather have Ball in there than AOC to be honest.

    As I said, he was great yesterday with two absolutely brilliant last gasp blocks in the box fae Dembele and McGregor but I will be disappointed if he signs - smacks of the constant extensions given to the likes of Langfield and Mackie - lazy, lacking ambition and clear evidence of a lack of desire to really progress the quality of the team on the park.
    Cant disagree with any of that.
    I have a sneaky feeling well sign Dom Ball.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    3,126
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of that.
    I have a sneaky feeling we’ll sign Dom Ball.
    I can’t see why anyone would want to keep him either, he just seems to have a mistake in him every time he plays.

    I know we have a budget but surely we can do better than Dom Ball.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I cant see why anyone would want to keep him either, he just seems to have a mistake in him every time he plays.

    I know we have a budget but surely we can do better than Dom Ball.
    I agree.
    I just have a feeling that 3 or 4 decent performances since the split might just get him a contract.
    Hope not.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,245
    I imagine 1st June will be when we start to bring players in as they will probably be getting paid by previous clubs up until then.
    I look forward to seeing the quality of player we bring to our ambitious club.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    254
    Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

    BBC Gossip page

  8. #188
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

    BBC Gossip page
    I would be pretty happy with that, good cover for Logan and at an age where we can become the first choice RB at some future point.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    552
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I imagine 1st June will be when we start to bring players in as they will probably be getting paid by previous clubs up until then.
    I look forward to seeing the quality of player we bring to our ambitious club.
    Have you anyone in mind?

  10. #190
    An interesting shout I heard in the pub recently was David Templeton, Accies player of the season and has scored some very good goals in a pretty poor team....

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

    BBC Gossip page
    Well, he'll certainly start the season!

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    An interesting shout I heard in the pub recently was David Templeton, Accies player of the season and has scored some very good goals in a pretty poor team....
    Too injury prone & not quite good enough.
    No thanks.
    Decent bottom 6 Scottish Premiership player at a Dundee or the likes, but not for us.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Meldrum Rock City
    Posts
    25,785
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree.
    I just have a feeling that 3 or 4 decent performances since the split might just get him a contract.
    Hope not.
    Which is f@cking laziness

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    11,912
    Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    I would be pretty happy with that, good cover for Logan and at an age where we can become the first choice RB at some future point.
    Logan can also play left back.

  15. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Logan can also play left back.
    Now that would be interesting!

    Solve the LB issue, while bringing fresh blood into the squad....

  16. #196
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    6,382
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of that.
    I have a sneaky feeling we’ll sign Dom Ball.
    The only time we have looked decent at the back this season is in the last 5 matches which is the only time he's had a run in the team in his proper position. Only lost 1 goal in those 5 games with him sitting in front of the back 4.

  17. #197
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    613
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Logan can also play left back.
    No no no no no!!

    Stop shoehorning players into non-natural positions. Logan, whilst he can kick with his left is definitely a rightie so let's not have him overlapping up left but then having to cut back onto his right to put the ball into the box, plus tackling with his left won't be so natural.

    It really is very simple. We need a left back so let's sign a left back. It's not rocket science

  18. #198
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    The only time we have looked decent at the back this season is in the last 5 matches which is the only time he's had a run in the team in his proper position. Only lost 1 goal in those 5 games with him sitting in front of the back 4.
    True.
    Id say hes a better option at sitting in front of the back 4 compared to OConnor.... BUT... does that make him a good signing?

  19. #199
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2,001
    Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Logan can also play left back.
    The only time I can mind seeing Logan playing LB was a few seasons ago at Dingwall ......and my recollection is that he didn't look comfortable there

    Wouldn't be an upgrade on Considine at LB , IMO

  20. #200
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    11,442
    Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    The only time I can mind seeing Logan playing LB was a few seasons ago at Dingwall ......and my recollection is that he didn't look comfortable there

    Wouldn't be an upgrade on Considine at LB , IMO
    Totally agree.
    Had enough of square pegs in round holes.
    Either play Graeme Shinnie at left back & sign a few centre mids, or sign an actual left back.
    My hunch is McInnes will feel the midfield is decimated enough without taking Shinnie out too, so hell remain there & well stick with Considine next season.

Page 10 of 265 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •