+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

BBC Gossip page
    Well, he'll certainly start the season!

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    An interesting shout I heard in the pub recently was David Templeton, Accies player of the season and has scored some very good goals in a pretty poor team....
    Too injury prone & not quite good enough.
    No thanks.
    Decent bottom 6 Scottish Premiership player at a Dundee or the likes, but not for us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree.
    I just have a feeling that 3 or 4 decent performances since the split might just get him a contract.
    Hope not.
    Which is f@cking laziness

Quote Originally Posted by sallan2000 View Post
    I would be pretty happy with that, good cover for Logan and at an age where we can become the first choice RB at some future point.
    Logan can also play left back.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Now that would be interesting!

Solve the LB issue, while bringing fresh blood into the squad....

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Can’t disagree with any of that.
    I have a sneaky feeling we’ll sign Dom Ball.
    The only time we have looked decent at the back this season is in the last 5 matches which is the only time he's had a run in the team in his proper position. Only lost 1 goal in those 5 games with him sitting in front of the back 4.

No no no no no!!

Stop shoehorning players into non-natural positions. Logan, whilst he can kick with his left is definitely a rightie so let's not have him overlapping up left but then having to cut back onto his right to put the ball into the box, plus tackling with his left won't be so natural.

It really is very simple. We need a left back so let's sign a left back. It's not rocket science

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    The only time we have looked decent at the back this season is in the last 5 matches which is the only time he's had a run in the team in his proper position. Only lost 1 goal in those 5 games with him sitting in front of the back 4.
    True.
    I’d say he’s a better option at sitting in front of the back 4 compared to O’Connor.... BUT... does that make him a good signing?

The only time I can mind seeing Logan playing LB was a few seasons ago at Dingwall ......and my recollection is that he didn't look comfortable there

Wouldn't be an upgrade on Considine at LB , IMO

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    The only time I can mind seeing Logan playing LB was a few seasons ago at Dingwall ......and my recollection is that he didn't look comfortable there

Wouldn't be an upgrade on Considine at LB , IMO
    Totally agree.
    Had enough of square pegs in round holes.
    Either play Graeme Shinnie at left back & sign a few centre mids, or sign an actual left back.
    My hunch is McInnes will feel the midfield is decimated enough without taking Shinnie out too, so he’ll remain there & we’ll stick with Considine next season.

Page 20 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070120520 ... LastLast