Page 108 of 154 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,160 of 3071

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

  1. #2141
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Not being negative but realistic (a happy clapperís favourite word).
    When I first followed the Dons we were a fantastic team who we were proud of as fans and feared no one.
    Nowadays we have little ambition, sh!t ourselves in pressure matches and have a conman as the head hauncho running the club.
    Letís see what really happens with the DNA money that supposedly will be used on top of our increased transfer budget and then I will get back with an apology for doubting our club chairman and his intentions.
    In the meantime I have the right as anyone else to give an opinion (whether liked or not) on anything that happens during this window.
    I admit I am not feeling positive about our recruitment currently but would love to be proved wrong during the season.
    I am admittedly critical of players we are dealing with this summer but unfortunately if we are going to have absolute dross that hardly got any minutes for Hearts and in the last six months did the square root of f@ck all then my criticism is warranted.
    I have no confidence in Milne either but just moaning about him and how AFC are run achieves zilch. You complain about our lack of ambition and our mentality in matches but that will most likely only improve with better players and more money to spend. We can either rely on Milne to spend spend spend (not happening) or do what we can - a similar scheme has helped the diets in recent times. Not everyone can or will chose to contribute but I'm struggling to see the downside and the vitriol against the scheme.

  2. #2142
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    My understanding is the DNA money would be added to the ďfootball budgetĒ.
    I thought it would replace it. Think Iím winning so far

  3. #2143
    I am surprised to hear folk have had four calls. I have only had one and know season ticket holders that have had none

  4. #2144
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I have no confidence in Milne either but just moaning about him and how AFC are run achieves zilch. You complain about our lack of ambition and our mentality in matches but that will most likely only improve with better players and more money to spend. We can either rely on Milne to spend spend spend (not happening) or do what we can - a similar scheme has helped the diets in recent times. Not everyone can or will chose to contribute but I'm struggling to see the downside and the vitriol against the scheme.
    You donít see that at the moment you are getting conned? 😱

  5. #2145
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You don’t see that at the moment you are getting conned? ��
    Enlighten us. Where is the con?

  6. #2146
    Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I thought it would replace it. Think I’m winning so far
    I would disagree.
    We’ve spent on Forrester (£200k), Ferguson (circa £100k pending tribunal) and have made a significant transfer offer for John Marquis.
    This is already more than our recent years on average.
    You may point to GMS, Arnason and May from last year, but that was post Hayes transfer and this year is still a higher outgoing in nett terms.

  7. #2147
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Enlighten us. Where is the con?
    A lot further upfront than the DNA money

  8. #2148
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    A lot further upfront than the DNA money
    Sorry, your reply does not make sense.
    Where is the con (in your opinion)?

  9. #2149
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You donít see that at the moment you are getting conned? 😱
    I am giving money to my club with no expectation of any return so in what way am I getting conned??
    I and others are contributing for the benefit of the "football budget". I presume your argument is that if fans didn't contribute then Milne would need to dip into his pockets and so it saves him the bother.
    What if he doesn't?
    Isn't it better that the club isn't totally dependent on someone who isn't guaranteed to spend his millions on the club. Like it or not clubs need money to put them on a stronger financial footing and DNA is an additional funding stream that can benefit the club long after Milne has gone.
    At worst DNA will only replace any money from one person but could possibly persuade others to invest additional funds.

  10. #2150
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would disagree.
    Fancy that

  11. #2151
    Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I would disagree.
    We’ve spent on Forrester (£200k), Ferguson (circa £100k pending tribunal) and have made a significant transfer offer for John Marquis.
    This is already more than our recent years on average.
    You may point to GMS, Arnason and May from last year, but that was post Hayes transfer and this year is still a higher outgoing in nett terms.
    We have spent £200k on Forrester, Ferguson still to be determined. We didnít spend anything on Marquis as he wonít be coming to Aberdeen. My tally at the moment equals £200k.
    DNA money (Milneís own words) £600k, Arnason World Cup appearance money, Kenny McLean transfer fee, Increased transfer budget from last year and you still donít think you are getting short changed?
    Ferguson will most likely cost us approximately £150k so I will give you that.

  12. #2152
    Quote Originally Posted by Br0chred View Post
    I am giving money to my club with no expectation of any return so in what way am I getting conned??.
    You are not getting conned then as you expect nothing.
    Some DNAers I would imagine expected the club to be more tooled up for the transfer market with their contributions.

  13. #2153
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We have spent £200k on Forrester, Ferguson still to be determined. We didn’t spend anything on Marquis as he won’t be coming to Aberdeen. My tally at the moment equals £200k.
    DNA money (Milne’s own words) £600k, Arnason World Cup appearance money, Kenny McLean transfer fee, Increased transfer budget from last year and you still don’t think you are getting short changed?
    Ferguson will most likely cost us approximately £150k so I will give you that.
    You quote £600k, but that money is not in the bank.

    This leaves net proceeds of just over £600,000 that will come in over the course of 12 months to be used by the football operation.

    Although some people paid up front for their membership, the vast majority of members pay it as a subscription on a monthly basis, so it’s important for fans to appreciate that the bulk of the money will come in over a 12-month period.
    Also worth bearing in mind
    So far, the net proceeds raised will enable circa £50,000 each month and although we acknowledge what the fans are suggesting, because of strengthening competition in the league, and the importance of keeping our momentum going, we have decided this year to commit around 80% towards the first team, with the balance on youth development and continuing to build a high-performance environment.

  14. #2154
    Twitter (2 usually reliable accounts) saying this Nowak was undergoing a medical early tonight and will be unveiled tomorrow

  15. #2155
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Twitter (2 usually reliable accounts) saying this Nowak was undergoing a medical early tonight and will be unveiled tomorrow
    The Polish Dom Ball.
    Plays Centre half or centre mid.
    Hearts fan I know said he was slow as f**k & couldnít pass.

    Shall I get the bunting out?

  16. #2156
    Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You are not getting conned then as you expect nothing.
    Some DNAers I would imagine expected the club to be more tooled up for the transfer market with their contributions.
    Money collected so far from ĎNA isn't going to provide much "tooling up" because it's just started. Hopefully over time as the funds accumulate then it will be of greater benefit. What is your beef about it anyway? How is a large group of fans putting money into the club's coffers a bad thing? Do you want us to depend solely on Milne or a.n. other?

  17. #2157
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The Polish Dom Ball.
    Plays Centre half or centre mid.
    Hearts fan I know said he was slow as f**k & couldnít pass.

    Shall I get the bunting out?
    Donít remember much about him to be fair, not the most exciting by all accounts but in his defense he was thrown into a Cathro team who were a shambles, as usual al give him a chance. Just turned 24 and quite a few top league appearances in polish top division can play cb and rb

  18. #2158
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The whole club isnít.
    Itís voluntary.
    Iíd say the more that invest in the club, the better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Twitter (2 usually reliable accounts) saying this Nowak was undergoing a medical early tonight and will be unveiled tomorrow
    If this is true then what an utter f●ēking joke 😡

  19. #2159
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Donít remember much about him to be fair, not the most exciting by all accounts but in his defense he was thrown into a Cathro team who were a shambles, as usual al give him a chance. Just turned 24 and quite a few top league appearances in polish top division can play cb and rb
    He was in when Neilson was in charge.
    20 games in 18 months.
    Didnít play a whole game in 6 months after Hearts punted him.

    This is going some, but I think Iíd rather we re-signed Dom Ball,,,but if itís the defensive cover and a perennial sub then so be it, we were unlikely to sign a player to go into the back 4 starting line up as thatís more or less obviously going to be Logan Dev McK & Con
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 10-07-2018 at 09:39 PM.

  20. #2160
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The Polish Dom Ball.
    Plays Centre half or centre mid.
    Hearts fan I know said he was slow as f**k & couldnít pass.

    Shall I get the bunting out?
    Our tooling up has been taken to a new level

Page 108 of 154 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •