+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 129 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    Right winger and right back/right centre half

In terms of another central midfielder now that the McGeouch deal is dead, I think we need to give Ferguson, Campbell and Frank Ross a decent crack of the whip. With Forrester and Gleeson signed, central midfield is not a priority. McGinn gives cover in the no 10 role that I assume Forrester will take up.

Then the final two would be another striker and a left back
    FTH,
    I normally think along the same lines as you.
    I just think we need more than you are hinting at.

A lot of speculation on twitter this morning about Aaron Mcgowan signing for us. HE never signed for Accies

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    A lot of speculation on twitter this morning about Aaron Mcgowan signing for us. HE never signed for Accies
    If he's back up to Logan then fair enough. Strange that his old club said at the start of the month that he was coming up here but hasn't signed for anyone.

Aye, he maybe got to Hamilton and said “fu*k that” 119 appearances at the age of 21 in lower leagues in England is not too bad, plenty experience and now a step up. He tweeted 2hrs ago that he was away to start a long journey today. Morecambe to Aberdeen a fair distance.

I would normally shake my head on seeing us sign League Two players but if he's only 21 and was their player of the year then I could make an exception.

If there is any truth in this (linked with Hamilton and Hibs too) then would see him as back up RB but the LB position is there for him to grab if he wants it.

He has played both sides for Morecambe

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    I would normally shake my head on seeing us sign League Two players but if he's only 21 and was their player of the year then I could make an exception.

If there is any truth in this (linked with Hamilton and Hibs too) then would see him as back up RB but the LB position is there for him to grab if he wants it.

He has played both sides for Morecambe
    Shinnie can't even get a game at left back.

There's no point getting someone on loan for right back as once Logan is back Mcinnes will end up playing them in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Shinnie can't even get a game at left back.

There's no point getting someone on loan for right back as once Logan is back Mcinnes will end up playing them in midfield.
    The boy McGowan has palyed at Left Back as well. Fits in with the multi-positional criteria Deek loves so much.

So he could cover both back postions. and we still have Consi and Reynolds who have played LB too. ( aye, I nkow I know )

It`s the defensive midfield pairing we need cover for ? Gleeson has a hothead history so may well rack up as many bookings as Shinnie ?

And also could do with another right sided attacking player . ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    The boy McGowan has palyed at Left Back as well. Fits in with the multi-positional criteria Deek loves so much.

So he could cover both back postions. and we still have Consi and Reynolds who have played LB too. ( aye, I nkow I know )

It`s the defensive midfield pairing we need cover for ? Gleeson has a hothead history so may well rack up as many bookings as Shinnie ?

And also could do with another right sided attacking player . ?
    McGowan is apparently signing for Hamilton according to reliable sources on Twitter. So who knows what is happening. If he does sign for us then that would be positive as he appears to have potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    McGowan is apparently signing for Hamilton according to reliable sources on Twitter. So who knows what is happening. If he does sign for us then that would be positive as he appears to have potential.
    Hamilton have just re-signed Ziggy Gordon and he’s a right back, so that might put doubt in them signing Aaron McGowan?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Hamilton have just re-signed Ziggy Gordon and he’s a right back, so that might put doubt in them signing Aaron McGowan?
    Yes - heard that on the radio this morning. It is also said though that McGowan can play on the left side. No doubt we will find out what the true position is in the next day or so.

Page 129 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229 ... LastLast