+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 530 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Well as long as it's an interesting and exciting list of replacements that are coming in I'll be over the moon. No room for sentiments.

Improvements are needed to keep AFC kicking on.

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    No surprise but i'm hearing tomorrow we are announcing the following are gone :

O'Connor
    Stewart - not coming back
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Tansey - coming back but will be off.
    Christie
    McLean
    You’re right, no surprises, but would have liked to get Stewart if he was available.
    I would like to think we would get more in his 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You’re right, no surprises, but would have liked to get Stewart if he was available.
    I would like to think we would get more in his 2nd season.
    I would take Stewart. He fits into the "theres definitely a player in there" category.

This summer will be huge but its not as bad as it seems (still not ideal) as we wont notice Tansey, Chidi, Ball or Maynard so its five definite players needed. McLean is the one he has to get right. I would love to think this is where a couple of youth boys get their break. Interesting summer

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I would take Stewart. He fits into the "theres definitely a player in there" category.

This summer will be huge but its not as bad as it seems (still not ideal) as we wont notice Tansey, Chidi, Ball or Maynard so its five definite players needed. McLean is the one he has to get right. I would love to think this is where a couple of youth boys get their break. Interesting summer
    I would take Ball , thats about it

O'Connor
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Christie
    McLean
    I have a funny feeling you might be able to add Reynolds to that list (but I hope I'm wrong) proved his worth to us once again yesterday.

O'Connor
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Christie
    McLean
    You can add Woodman and Rogers to that list. One was a loan which will be expired and the other will probably not be offered a new contract. I really think he was treated harshly and wish Danny all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    You can add Woodman and Rogers to that list. One was a loan which will be expired and the other will probably not be offered a new contract. I really think he was treated harshly and wish Danny all the best.
    I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Rogers was going to accept a new deal. Could be a load of complete tosh right enough!

O'Connor
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Christie
    McLean
    More concerned with who we have lined up to replace them.

I also wouldn't mind it if we brought in Stewart on a permanent deal but I'll reserve judgement until we have a better idea who our targets are. I suspect that if we don't sign Stewart someone else in the SP will.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I'm sure I read or heard somewhere that Rogers was going to accept a new deal. Could be a load of complete tosh right enough!
    I would be very surprised if he signed/got offered a new deal with us.
    Whatever happens, McInnes has a lot of changes to make. Interesting times ahead and a very crucial transfer window whether we like the manager or wouldn’t mind a replacement.

Mclean is the only one on that list that will definitely be missed and I agree we need to get his replacement spot on, been so influential for us this season particularly the 2nd half and especially after the split. Ball and Stewart would be worth 1 year deals if it was viable. Maynard worth holding onto because apparently he's a good lad to have about the place and he makes a really good brew .

Page 13 of 530 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113513 ... LastLast