+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 136 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Hayes in midfield with Mcginn just in behind a striker would be my ideal scenario should he sign, GMS on the left is where he played his best games last season, and I reckon a good preseason would see him at his best again, I still think there could be a deal on the cards with Christie and Hayes coming up here and Mckenna heading down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Exactly, who’s to say Hayes isn’t a better left back than the other left backs available, just because he normally plays a little further forward.
    Maybe we should give Rooney a try at centre half after all willie miller started as a striker

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    I still think there could be a deal on the cards with Christie and Hayes coming up here and Mckenna heading down the road.
    Bloody hope not, unless there is a 50% sell on clause plus £5m.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    Bloody hope not, unless there is a 50% sell on clause plus £5m.
    I couldnt be arsed going into all that but yep I would hope so as well, just seems strange that we are down a total of 7 players from the end of last season, DM is hedging his bets on Devlin being fit for Europa campaign and hes speaking about Ferguson as though hes a stickon to be a regular start, surely to god we must hae young lads that are of an equal standard to what Hamilton are producing.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Maybe we should give Rooney a try at centre half after all willie miller started as a striker
    Exactly.
    Let’s stop this square pegs in round holes sh1te.
    You never know, it might help improve us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Exactly.
    Let’s stop this square pegs in round holes sh1te.
    You never know, it might help improve us.
    Modern fitba players are not pigeon holed as you are inferring.
    They’re developed to be able to play a number of positions and understand the role.
    Strikers develop better if they have played in defence as they appreciate what they prefer and what they don’t.
    This goes for all over the pitch.

Victor Moses, Ashley Young and Marcelo are examples of wingers who have adapted well to a deeper role.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Modern fitba players are not pigeon holed as you are inferring.
    They’re developed to be able to play a number of positions and understand the role.
    Strikers develop better if they have played in defence as they appreciate what they prefer and what they don’t.
    This goes for all over the pitch.

Victor Moses, Ashley Young and Marcelo are examples of wingers who have adapted well to a deeper role.
    Aye 3 of the worlds greatest full backs there, suppose Messi owes it all to his stint of playing centre half in Barca’s under 12s

Coaches love them but all three are great examples of why modern football is rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Aye 3 of the worlds greatest full backs there, suppose Messi owes it all to his stint of playing centre half in Barca’s under 12s
    I think a stint in goals could make Messi a star player for Barcelona....oh, wait a minute...?

I agree with Mason there. Absolutely no way if you were to name 3 great full backs would you name any of these 3 players.

Page 136 of 530 FirstFirst ... 3686126134135136137138146186236 ... LastLast