+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 149 of 530 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast
Results 1,481 to 1,490 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post

What's your expectations on who we should be signing?
    Who should we be going for?
    I want a bit of effort and research put into finding players.

The "Oh look Alex Schalk is available, and ****e and a diving ****. But hes available and free and doesn't need scouted lets go for him approach" needs to be worked on

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    Poundland more like, with a good rake around Oxfam
    Do the food banks supply football players now?

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    agree with the comments we need a marque signing off the back of the £1m in from DNA. It'll be a huge own goal if they don't so I am assuming they have the common sense to do it
    Where's the £1M from DNA?
    That would be an estimate gross amount over the whole year.
    They've only collect one months subscriptions, so havereceived approx £75k gross.
    With free tops and more poignantly season ticket deductions, its quite possible that DNA nett contributions are negative at the moment.
    Over the course of a year they'll be up circa £600k I'd guess

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I want a bit of effort and research put into finding players.

The "Oh look Alex Schalk is available, and ****e and a diving ****. But hes available and free and doesn't need scouted lets go for him approach" needs to be worked on
    So you don't have a suggestion of who we should go for.
    Always negative, never positive.

So you have an opinion on who's not good enough but need paid to go scout better options
    what's wrong with that?
    It's an opinion FFS
    Just because it doesn't fall in to line with club policy, don't get your thong in a twist.
    It's an OPINION!

I'd have thought with improved season ticket sales, the AberDNA, the fact 10 players are no longer on the wage bill etc, the fans would be expecting & wanting better than Alex Schalk.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    also lets not forget we've had a reasonable increase on our season tickets too.
    What increase?
    Season Tickey prices were frozen.
    There was discounts for DNA members.
    Have we officially sold more?

Where's the £1M from DNA?
    That would be an estimate gross amount over the whole year.
    They've only collect one months subscriptions, so havereceived approx £75k gross.
    With free tops and more poignantly season ticket deductions, its quite possible that DNA nett contributions are negative at the moment.
    Over the course of a year they'll be up circa £600k I'd guess
    A lot of folk paid up front
    The ones that haven't have pledged the cash monthly.
    Transfer fees aren't paid up front in one chunk
    Your just making excuses for the club now.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Is the DNA not paid up monthly? Would take a season before the full funds are in unless Milne put the money in himself then takes it back out in a year.
    Exactly, however there could be an option that having the regular income frees up the wages budget to spend more up front.
    More likely it will be used to increase the playing budget wages though, potentially securing longer contracts for the likes of Shinnie.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Some folk on here have totally unrealistic expectations as to signings. This “marquee” singing idea... what big name player are we going to get coming to Aberdeen for under £500k and on wages we can afford? Nobody can even suggest any potential names apart from Hayes and folk wouldn’t even seem to consider him to be an exciting signing anyway. If we splash that money on someone none of us have heard of everyone will moan about that too.

Even if Milne put up £1m for a signing, the more you spend on a transfer fee the more you’re going to have to spend on their wages and we’ll have an upper limit on our wage structure which we can’t break for numerous reasons.

Every club in the world are looking for new players - AFC isn’t going to be many folks dream move.

Last “marquee” singing was probably Arnason returning or May signing for a fairly large fee - both have been rubbish.
    Unfortunately I agree with this.

I also have a worrying impression this close season that we (by which I mean the SPL outside the ugly sisters, not just AFC) have slipped further down the pecking order of desirable destinations for players. For a short spell of 3 or 4 seasons we seemed to reverse that a bit with a slightly better quality of player (at least on paper) apparently willing to come to the likes of Aberdeen or Hibs rather than stick to the English lower leagues. Admittedly I'd find it difficult to back this up with hard evidence (because I haven't been actively taking notes) but my feeling is we're starting to slide again, probably on the back of Premiership TV money trickling down through the English leagues. It's a depressing thought if true.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    what's wrong with that?
    It's an opinion FFS
    Just because it doesn't fall in to line with club policy, don't get your thong in a twist.
    It's an OPINION!

I'd have thought with improved season ticket sales, the AberDNA, the fact 10 players are no longer on the wage bill etc, the fans would be expecting & wanting better than Alex Schalk.
    Opinions are fine, everyone's entitles to them.
    No problems with opinions that he is not good enough, but naturally ask, who is?
    No-one has offered yet who we should be signing.

Page 149 of 530 FirstFirst ... 4999139147148149150151159199249 ... LastLast