+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 530 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Yip gotta agree.............Kari has to go........even tho I do like the guy.

DM has a BIG BIG transfer window coming up...........this could make or break us.
    Everyone that comes in has to be right and has to be an improvement on the departing players.

Quote Originally Posted by Redmadders96 View Post
    Yip gotta agree.............Kari has to go........even tho I do like the guy.

DM has a BIG BIG transfer window coming up...........this could make or break us.
    Everyone that comes in has to be right and has to be an improvement on the departing players.

The semi performance alone is enough to get rid of him. He's toast.

So let's recap, the list so far as I recall could look like this:

O'Connor
    Stewart
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Tansey
    Christie
    McLean
    Woodman
    Rogers
    Reynolds
    Rooney
    Wright

That's a list of 14 players, granted a few there have not been first team players this season but most have, which suggests major reconstruction the close season. Anybody care to add any others to the list? Ok we are just assuming this list for now, anybody got any idea on when the announcement will come from the club on departing players.

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 14-05-2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: edited to add in Scott Wright and therefore make it a total of 14

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

O'Connor
    Stewart
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Tansey
    Christie
    McLean
    Woodman
    Rogers
    Reynolds
    Rooney
    Wright

That's a list of 14 players, granted a few there have not been first team players this season but most have, which suggests major reconstruction the close season. Anybody care to add any others to the list? Ok we are just assuming this list for now, anybody got any idea on when the announcement will come from the club on departing players.

SF
    Is everyone on that list out of contract (or on loan)?
    There will be enough players leaving already, without paying off players. I can't see the likes of Reynolds or Wright leaving if they're still under contract

Remove Wright, Reynolds and Rooney. Can't see them going anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    There will be enough players leaving already, without paying off players. I can't see the likes of Reynolds or Wright leaving if they're still under contract
    Has Tansey not got another year at least in his contract?????

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    O'Connor Out of contract
    Stewart Loan deal ends
    Maynard Out of contract
    Ball Loan deal ends
    Arnason Out of contract
    Nwakali Loan deal ends
    Tansey Still under contract
    Christie Loan deal ends
    McLean Loan deal ends
    Woodman Loan deal ends
    Rogers Out of contract
    Reynolds Still under contract
    Rooney Still under contract
    Wright Still under contract

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post

O'Connor
    Stewart
    Maynard
    Ball
    Arnason
    Nwakali
    Tansey
    Christie
    McLean
    Woodman
    Rogers
    Reynolds
    Rooney
    Wright

SF
    That is a heck of a lot of players to replace 14 I cant see them all going if the new players dont bed in quick we will be oot the 1st qualify of Europa

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    That is a heck of a lot of players to replace 14 I cant see them all going if the new players dont bed in quick we will be oot the 1st qualify of Europa
    It's a lot of players, but not many of them played regularly this season so it's not going to affect the starting 11 too dramatically.

If we brought nobody in to replace any of them we'd be starting with...

Lewis
    Logan Devlin McKenna Considine
    Shinnie Ferguson / Campbell
    GMS May McGinn
    Rooney / Cosgrove

Decent enough but not good enough to get 2nd place again next year. We'll need another backup defender, another sitting midfielder, a utility midfielder who can play box to box like McLean, and possibly another option in the final third. I wonder if we should start deploying McGinn in the no.10 role rather than out wide - I just don't think he has the pace for out wide any more - but I think he could play the 10 role as well as Christie did.

I'd guess - 2 small transfer fees, 3 or 4 free transfers and 2 or 3 loans, with a 2 or 3 younger lads stepping up from the 20s.

I think we might try and keep Stewart and Ball both of whom have been ok recently.

Is it worth considering talking to Fyfie ? Always thought he was half decent and was one of United's best players ( I know doesn't mean a lot !)before he got injured.

Page 15 of 530 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115515 ... LastLast