+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 151 of 530 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If he’s better than Maynard, he’ll be an improvement on the squad... how is that a negative thing to say?

It’s not a question of ambition - every Aberdeen fan wants to see us singing top class, international superstars so we can win the treble and maybe even take the aeuropa league too.... it’s a question of being realistic. Whether we like it or not, the very best calibration of singing we’re going to get are guys like May, Stewart, Christie, GMS etc who have talent but have suffered injuries or have struggled to get regular football elsewhere and are looking for a fresh start. These types of players are in demand - we can’t compete with Championship sides (and some league 1 sides) on wages and if they’re coming to Scotland both Hibs and Hearts are probably just as good options for them as we are (looking at it objectively).

The fact that some people think Jonny Hayes would be an underwhelming singing shows that we’re really dreaming about the kind of players we think we can bring in.
    I would have been more effective than Maynard. Darren Mackie would have been more effective. Of course he's going to be an improvement.

For what it's worth, I don't think Gleason or Forrester are bad signings and I think Ferguson is a good signing also.

Signing someone that played for a team that finished bottom of the league seems desperate though. He's missed out on Miller which is clear now.

Is this it for us? Do we accept that we have had our purple patch and we take what we can?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    A lot of folk paid up front
    Really????????
    That was never offered as an option to me.
    Whats the split then on how many paid up front and how many went subscription?
    I always thought it was a smart move by the club to go subscription as its such a small amount each month and would make it easier to roll over

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Really????????
    That was never offered as an option to me.
    Whats the split then on how many paid up front and how many went subscription?
    I always thought it was a smart move by the club to go subscription as its such a small amount each month and would make it easier to roll over
    Wait and I'll ask the 5,500 folk that signed up and I'll get back to you

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    If people just reel off other names it gets a bit silly though. For instance, I travel around watching football a fair bit. I was in Estonia earlier this year and there's a centre-back, 22 years old, who plays for Flora, called Madis Vihmann, he's a giant, he played well, looked a bit like McKenna in many ways winning everything in the air. Estonian football is terrible but he looked good enough to me. No idea if he's available but taking players from Estonia is probably within our financial bracket.

But nobody else has ever heard of this guy so what's the point in bringing it up. And I'm not a scout so I'm probably completely wrong anyway.
    Hey, its a name, something we can discuss.
    Looks like he's contracted till Dec 2019.
    There may be a few clubs looking to snap him up next summer.
    Will be interesting to see if he does move on

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Wait and I'll ask the 5,500 folk that signed up and I'll get back to you
    So you have no idea how many paid up front.
    [edit]
    Just so you know, I've went subscription
    [/edit]

[edit]
    [/edit]
    I paid up front, so that's one.

So you don't have a suggestion of who we should go for.
    Always negative, never positive.
    No because im not a football scout but Kenny Miller who is 90, Jonny Hayes on loan from would be a a joke, Anthony O'Connor who turned down a deal to keep him and Alex Schalk who is sh@te and below the standard we should be aiming for i.e sh@te are four examples of folk I wouldn't want in red shirts but they have been linked

There isn't much to be positive about. Last season was a missed opportunity. Season ticket holders are now pond scum, manager still has inexplicably baffling tactics, Andrew Considine still plays left back, the club show no ambition, the chairman just wants a ground and doesn't care about whats on the pitch,bottling big games is part and parcel of a season, need I go on
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 27-06-2018 at 12:32 PM.

[edit]
    [/edit]
    Paid up front as did a few others I know.
    Point being a lot will have & the others (such as you) are paying over the year.

I just think to encourage the DNA a decent signing by our standards would be key

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    How do you know how much effort and research has been and is being put into finding players by AFC ?

And how does that compare with other Scottish Premiership clubs ?

And how do you know what funds are available to the clubs ?

(Hint.......the answer is “I don’t have a fvkking clue , but I won’t let that stop me spouting off my usual pish”)
    How much effort went into Kenny Miller, Schalk and Hayes if true. How much effort went into finding them. You telling me there are not better affordable players further afield. On the doorstep/known already seems the way.

Add Devlin and ferguson to the on the doorstep list

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I would have been more effective than Maynard. Darren Mackie would have been more effective. Of course he's going to be an improvement.

For what it's worth, I don't think Gleason or Forrester are bad signings and I think Ferguson is a good signing also.

Signing someone that played for a team that finished bottom of the league seems desperate though. He's missed out on Miller which is clear now.

Is this it for us? Do we accept that we have had our purple patch and we take what we can?
    Well improvement is what we're looking for surely, so what's the problem? Improving the squad is important as well as improving the first 11. No doubt McInnes will have another 1 or 2 positions in the first 11 he wants to improve, but getting the correct players to do so is difficult. He'll also want to improve another 2 or 3 squad places, which are a bit easier perhaps.

I don't think we have to accept we've had a purple patch etc - I do think we need to be realistic about who we expect to be signing for us. For what it's worth I'm not exactly jumping for joy at Gleeson, Forrester or Ferguson, as I've limited appreciation of how good they are - but I do think that this is the realistic calibre of player we're generally going to be able to bring in.

Page 151 of 530 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast