+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 154 of 530 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    So coming second is the benchmark with no cups is the benchmark

Well whats the point of a season.

Getting back to topic. We have signed two players from Hamilton and are sniffing about a 90 year old and someone who got relegated. Hardly inspiring stuff
    They might turn out to be great signings - our star player couldn’t get a game for Ayr United at the start of last season. There’s a lot of factors that affect whether a signing works out, not just the club he came from.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    They might turn out to be great signings - our star player couldn’t get a game for Ayr United at the start of last season. There’s a lot of factors that affect whether a signing works out, not just the club he came from.
    I agree but im just say a lot of our signings seem to be the easy option

That's their benchmark
    Just a dose of reality Pacman.

You ask the question, what's the point of a season.
    Mine is to support the team and hope to achieve as much as we can.

What's your point in supporting the club?
    It does not come across that you get any enjoyment at all from supporting Aberdeen.

COME ON YOU REDS!
    STAND FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Personally I dont buy into all this "Benchmark" stuff, giving yourself a benchmark only means you are trying to be as good as the teams above you, you should always be trying to be better than your opponents, or put another way, if we finished 3rd behind the Huns last season would any of us be over the moon if DM came oit and said that the Huns are our benchmark for next season.
    Stand Free
    It was backing up the context and question to my post that other clubs aspire to be where we are, that's all

I agree but im just say a lot of our signings seem to be the easy option
    The players we’re linked with do seem to be easy / obvious options - doesn’t mean they’re necessarily bad options. But the players we’ve actually signed - forrester, Gleason, Ferguson wouldn’t have been all that obvious to most of us.

Anyway I think we all agree that whether the signings look exciting on paper or not, is no indication of whether they’ll turn out good or not- a marquee signing like May can turn out rubbish and a seemingly uninspiring signing like Logan or Lewis can turn out very good. Just have to wait n see, get behind the players and hope for the best

Getting back to topic. We have signed two players from Hamilton and are sniffing about a 90 year old and someone who got relegated. Hardly inspiring stuff
    And one from Peterborough. and another one from Ipswich. Four in all according to some on here. Or Five counting Devlin. But he doesn`t count as a new signing. Yes He does. No he doesn`t . But,....bleh bleh. bleh.

you boys carry on getting all dramatic about how terrible it is to come Second. Agan. And agan. ( After several years of coming erm, nearly last. Agan, and,...)

I`m jumping on my Bike and off to Ireland to support my Team of rubbish players and management against some diddy wee Irish team . I shouldn`t bother really , it`ll be rubbish. Bit of Sunshine. Pint of Beamish. COYR !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    The players we’re linked with do seem to be easy / obvious options - doesn’t mean they’re necessarily bad options. But the players we’ve actually signed - forrester, Gleason, Ferguson wouldn’t have been all that obvious to most of us.

Anyway I think we all agree that whether the signings look exciting on paper or not, is no indication of whether they’ll turn out good or not- a marquee signing like May can turn out rubbish and a seemingly uninspiring signing like Logan or Lewis can turn out very good. Just have to wait n see, get behind the players and hope for the best
    Fingers crossed. F@cking massive start so they have to hit the ground running

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

you boys carry on getting all dramatic about how terrible it is to come Second. Agan. And agan. ( After several years of coming erm, nearly last. Agan, and,...)

!!!
    If you are happy second every season then fair enough that's your prerogative . I want to win a cup and not sh@te it out of them 95% of the time that's my prerogative. All second get us is a trip abroad and papped out by August. I also want to have a go at celtic. Ill say again. Last season was a missed opportunity. They were exceptionally poor by their standards. Ronnie-esque at times

Bet you winners love to show of their runners up medals

If you are happy second every season then fair enough that's your prerogative . I want to win a cup and not sh@te it out of them 95% of the time that's my prerogative. All second get us is a trip abroad and papped out by August. I also want to have a go at celtic. Ill say again. Last season was a missed opportunity. They were exceptionally poor by their standards. Ronnie-esque at times
    Your in cloud cuckoo land, Celtic won that league in 2nd gear. If they felt at any point that they were not going to win the league then they would have bought the league in Jan. If Aberdeen were neck and neck with them by the 31st Jan they they would have bought Shinnie and McKenna simply because they can. They still could do that however it's in Celtics interest to make sure we are strong as possible to keep Hunco on the back foot. The last thing Celtic want is strong Rangers so watch out for more loans from Celtic to either us or Hibs.

Page 154 of 530 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156164204254 ... LastLast