+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 158 of 530 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast
Results 1,571 to 1,580 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Jeez. It's done it again !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Aye. Well I've just got my van back from a very prolonged "new heedgasket" debacle. I'll be up in it soon. Mebbes just buy the thing off you to put that to bed. Then I can stop off on way back down and do a service on this ride on lawnmower ??
    b.t.w. offering to meet abort in the pub wasn't some form of afc chat mineral ootside noo thing. Seriously think none of us are getting anywhere with this internet whiney sheet. We allegedly all support the Done. But it really doesn't seem like it on here with 3 or 4 posters. ( Which is approx 50-60% of who is left on this site )
    F@ck it ill have a pint with you and we can have a rant atveach other. More than up for that

Shall we discuss the VW Crafter. 2.8 l. 4 cylinder engine then Red John ? It's an unusual design dropped by VW for fairly obvious reasons , for the 2.3 turbo motor. Main weirdness is the cam driven camshaft which has a final drive to the camshaft via a connecting rod rather than just another gear. So if you change the failing heedgasket , when you skin the head to avoid any warpage , you need to adjust the backlash on the gear drive to compensate. While at the same time it becomes noticeable that the plain bronze busy on both ends of that camshaft connecting rod have worn and need register. But when that is done the damned thing fails within five minutes breaking four of the rockers. So you are the in the position of ordering court new rockers and a new connecting rod with attached cam gear direct from Germany. All of which is on a minimum of two weeks back order. And then when it does all finally arrive , you still need to adjust for the required backlash on all the cam gears. So once all that is done , there is still the weird issue of some of the coolant pipes pressurising up even when the coolant tank is not sealed/under pressure. And the fact that there are two of those "things" that open when the coolant is up to temperature. And the second one is hidden behind the gearbox........,.....,..

So ,...maybe we should just talk about football ??

Ach weel....just scrap the f@cker!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Could you perhaps expand on that comment please?

SF
    Read what you wrote

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I was supposed to throw it in the back of the works van to drop it off to get fixed today but when I went to push it round I noticed the apprentice has snapped the ignition key in the petrol tank. Little c*nt. No point dropping it off to get fixed with no key.

I despair sometimes, I really do.

Anyway, carry on....
    Nae good. A question though, can the apprentice play left back?

Oh do keep R.J. Fixed it. Good mechanics never give up.

Out of interest...

If we sign McGeouch does that qualify as a "marque" signing that some folk are looking for?

Oh do keep R.J. Fixed it. Good mechanics never give up.
    Lol, I am not a mechanic. Good luck with the crafter anyway lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Out of interest...

If we sign McGeouch does that qualify as a "marque" signing that some folk are looking for?
    No. He is just some gadge from Hibs.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Out of interest...

It would be a very good signing.
    Think you’d be happy with Jerel Ifil though :-)

Page 158 of 530 FirstFirst ... 58108148156157158159160168208258 ... LastLast