+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 161 of 530 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,610 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Because I have a sense of reality, patience and don’t have any sense of entitlement.
    It’s a work in progress and it’s not even July FFS.

I also class Devlin as a New signing.
    He was signed to complete his rehabilitation and for this coming season, not last years.

So we have signed 4 players to compete for the starting positions, some of the 10 you mention we’re realistically, not first team regulars.
    We have a first team that I’d be fine with for our first game and have time to add more.
    I have no sense of entitlement. None.
    What I do have a right to, as do you, is the DNA money to be invested in the playing squad in a way SLIGHTLY above our norm.

Don’t you agree?

Now I know we need to wait & see how we line up in a month.... but the signs are we’re not fishing in a different pool, or likely to have a different standard of player prior to the AberDNA

I’m happy to stand corrected on that.
    I’ll admit I was wrong.

I doubt you will.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McGeouch is a decent player but I wouldn’t class him as a marque signing. Jones is also a decent enough player. I don’t see us landing either of these players.
    I’ll take you to task on that.
    McGeoch was one of the best players in the league.
    As was Jones... allegedly subject of £500k+ offers.
    If we got either (VERY highly unlikely) then we’d class them as “marquee”

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    What I do have a right to, as do you, is the DNA money to be invested in the playing squad in a way SLIGHTLY above our norm.

Don’t you agree?

Now I know we need to wait & see how we line up in a month.... but the signs are we’re not fishing in a different pool, or likely to have a different standard of player prior to the AberDNA

I’m happy to stand corrected on that.
    I’ll admit I was wrong.

I doubt you will.
    I can happily accept when I’m wrong.
    You post is classically full of entitlement.

Stop talking sh1te.
    How is it “full of entitlement”?...
    You really are an annoying c**t.
    Explain in a sensible manner.
    If you can’t, f**k off.
    The term “SLIGHTLY” above our norm doesn’t suggest entitlement.
    You’re an argumentative apologist.

In your apologist head, you’re clearly never wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    McGeouch is a decent player but I wouldn’t class him as a marque signing. Jones is also a decent enough player. I don’t see us landing either of these players.
    This sums it up. McGeouch and Jones would be good signings, both of whom would likely fit into our starting 11. At the same time they wouldn’t be considered by many as the ‘marquee’ signings they’re after. And even though they wouldn’t be marquee signings it seems highly unlikely we would be able to sign them. So if these ‘non-marquee’ signings aren’t particularly realistic, why do some folk think we can sign a higher calibre of player than them?!

As much as I’d love both of those players, and Hayes, Moult, Christie etc if we get 1 player of that level in we’ll probably be doing pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This sums it up. McGeouch and Jones would be good signings, both of whom would likely fit into our starting 11. At the same time they wouldn’t be considered by many as the ‘marquee’ signings they’re after. And even though they wouldn’t be marquee signings it seems highly unlikely we would be able to sign them. So if these ‘non-marquee’ signings aren’t particularly realistic, why do some folk think we can sign a higher calibre of player than them?!

As much as I’d love both of those players, and Hayes, Moult, Christie etc if we get 1 player of that level in we’ll probably be doing pretty well.
    No offence, but I think your whole post is redundant by the fact most Dons fans would see McGeoch & Jones as “marquee” signings.
    The very fact they’re both highly unlikely suggests they would be “marquee”

Put it this way, the signings we make before the season starts won’t be as good as those 2.

Stop talking sh1te.
    How is it “full of entitlement”?...
    You really are an annoying c**t.
    Explain in a sensible manner.
    If you can’t, f**k off.
    The term “SLIGHTLY” above our norm doesn’t suggest entitlement.
    You’re an argumentative apologist.
    What pool do you expect the Dons to be playing in?
    We won’t be playing in a different pool and it would be wise of you to realise that.
    Your posts scream that you “expect”, do you deny.

Who are we going to sign with the circa £700k nett DNA money that will put us in a different pool?
    Do you consider the contributions that other clubs make through their schemes.
    I don’t agree with your sense of entitlement, that’s my opinion and I’m “entitled” to it.
    If you can’t accept that, happily f**k off then

In your apologist head, you’re clearly never wrong.
    I have admited in here I’m wrong before.
    Have you?

I can see your point and it’s a fair one - but realistically do you think having an extra £500k added to the budget (for fees and wages) is going to mean we’re suddenly shopping in a different level of the market? It might allow us to put a decent offer together for someone like McGeouch, but he’s going to have other offers similar or better than we can make. It might allow us to put in a bid for a Stevie May type signing, but there’s still no saying that such bids will be successful. I’m convinced there will be lots of activity happening behind the scenes making offers to clubs and players that we aren’t aware of.

Page 161 of 530 FirstFirst ... 61111151159160161162163171211261 ... LastLast