+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 162 of 530 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I can see your point and it’s a fair one - but realistically do you think having an extra £500k added to the budget (for fees and wages) is going to mean we’re suddenly shopping in a different level of the market? It might allow us to put a decent offer together for someone like McGeouch, but he’s going to have other offers similar or better than we can make. It might allow us to put in a bid for a Stevie May type signing, but there’s still no saying that such bids will be successful. I’m convinced there will be lots of activity happening behind the scenes making offers to clubs and players that we aren’t aware of.
    Indeed, there is still time.
    There will still be a lot of negotiations to be had, none less than also securing Shinnie on a longer deal

I can see your point and it’s a fair one - but realistically do you think having an extra £500k added to the budget (for fees and wages) is going to mean we’re suddenly shopping in a different level of the market? It might allow us to put a decent offer together for someone like McGeouch, but he’s going to have other offers similar or better than we can make. It might allow us to put in a bid for a Stevie May type signing, but there’s still no saying that such bids will be successful. I’m convinced there will be lots of activity happening behind the scenes making offers to clubs and players that we aren’t aware of.
    I’m saying that generally speaking, when 5500 folk invest £220 per person, either in one go, or over 12 months, then a decent signing, maybe one we wouldn’t ordinarily make, should be completed.
    It would be a “nod” to AberDNA & give encouragement to those who’ve invested.

Is that so unreasonable ?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I have admited in here I’m wrong before.
    Have you?
    Very often I have. Yes
    I noticed you didn’t answer the question from earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m saying that generally speaking, when 5500 folk invest £220 per person, either in one go, or over 12 months, then a decent signing, maybe one we wouldn’t ordinarily make, should be completed.

Yeah I get that’s what you’re saying and I see the point. What I’m saying is that even with that extra money it’s still not that easy. For example we could use that money to make an offer for Moult, but he’s probably now on a wage that we cannot afford because even though we’ve got a bit more money to play with we still have a wage structure we’ve got to operate within. We could use the money to offer mcgeouch the highest wage out structure allows but it might still not be as much as he could get elsewhere.

Very often I have. Yes
    I noticed you didn’t answer the question from earlier.
    Which question?

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Which question?
    It doesn’t f*****g matter.
    As you do with everyone, you wear folk down with your contrariness.
    Go happy clap yourself to sleep.
    Re read if you want to know the question.
    If not, fine, I cannot be arsed with you anymore.

Yeah I get that’s what you’re saying and I see the point. What I’m saying is that even with that extra money it’s still not that easy. For example we could use that money to make an offer for Moult, but he’s probably now on a wage that we cannot afford because even though we’ve got a bit more money to play with we still have a wage structure we’ve got to operate within. We could use the money to offer mcgeouch the highest wage out structure allows but it might still not be as much as he could get elsewhere.
    No, I get that too.
    That’s fair comment.

Premium or International DNA is only £216 a year gross.
    Not everyone will be signed up as premium or international.
    Some will only put in £144.
    Kids are only £96.

There’s also loss of revenue from season ticket deductions and shirts to take off as well.

DNA will add something to the budget, but it’s not going to put us into a different pool.
    We’re not going to sign the likes of Hector who is still under contract at Chelsea and was signed for £4M in 2015.

It doesn’t f*****g matter.
    As you do with everyone, you wear folk down with your contrariness.
    Go happy clap yourself to sleep.
    Re read if you want to know the question.
    If not, fine, I cannot be arsed with you anymore.
    My opinion differs to yours.
    I’m with Don_Corleone in realism of what DNA will afford us.
    You expect more and expect it now.

Realism has replaced objectively.

Page 162 of 530 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast