+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 169 of 530 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    I judge strikers by goal scoring so no goals in 5 doesn’t impress me.

Re windass your talking about 22 years ago. Dele Ali played for mom dons in league 1 however doesn’t mean they’re all like him
    Windass wasn't an unknown Joe, hence we shelled out 650k for his services. ****e analogy. Dele Ali was a Spurs player on loan at MK Dons and clearly up to the grade and quickly into the Spurs first team. Lets be honest, if he is on his way, it's on a wing and a prayer he cuts the mustard. I reckon it is a big ask. Give our youth a go rather than the potshot policy.

Is Cosgrove bangs in three or four in the six pre-season games then we could consider going with him at the start of the season. Presuming he continues to not score then I'd give May a good run at the start of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Look at his record he plays less games in the 2nd season at his last two clubs
    Tells you nothing, if a manager goes a season without improving their team do they deserve to keep their job? And was is to say that his position had an abundance of quality players become available? Of course heaven forbid a player become out of favour with the manager.

Cosgrove was given a simple straight forward job to do, which he managed but looked at the limit of his ability doing it.

Now, I believe he is young, and he certainly was trying his best so I won't be too hard on him.

I hope he does well for us this season but I won't be holding my breath, still, one goal might make a difference.

It's all academic really because Stevie May will be scoring 30 goals.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

It's all academic really because Stevie May will be scoring 30 goals.

I think Donsdaft is right. Stevie May had a poor season but he was crocked by the snake and I don't think he fully recovered from that and didn't have the time to settle in properly. This season will be different. I wouldn't say thirty goals though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    I think Donsdaft is right. Stevie May had a poor season but he was crocked by the snake and I don't think he fully recovered from that and didn't have the time to settle in properly. This season will be different. I wouldn't say thirty goals though.
    Cosgrove might be effective at performing a certain role of winning long balls and holding play up, but he doesn’t look like the type of striker who will score even double figures in a season, which in my mind is the main function of a striker.

Stevie May was woeful last season. I hope he turns things around this year because if he doesn’t I think he’s finished at this level.

If it’s goals we want there’s only one choice for me and that’s Rooney. Get the ball in and around the box and he’ll score.

It all depends on how McInnes wants us to play this season though. Please can we just play these 3 guys in the centre forward position - they’re all a waste of a shirt if played wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Cosgrove might be effective at performing a certain role of winning long balls and holding play up, but he doesn’t look like the type of striker who will score even double figures in a season, which in my mind is the main function of a striker.

Stevie May was woeful last season. I hope he turns things around this year because if he doesn’t I think he’s finished at this level.

If it’s goals we want there’s only one choice for me and that’s Rooney. Get the ball in and around the box and he’ll score.

It all depends on how McInnes wants us to play this season though. Please can we just play these 3 guys in the centre forward position - they’re all a waste of a shirt if played wide.
    Agree with most of that.

Cosgrove will be a player that’ll never score many.
    Make or break for May. If he’s as poor this season as last, we cut our losses.

I think Kenny Miller will end up here sadly, to add to the striker options.
    He’ll knock back Livingston.

Quote Originally Posted by Gogsred View Post
    40?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

If I remember rightly, May's best year at St Johnstone were when playing off a target man (McLean?) playing almost an inside left role.

Cosgrove looked like he had the ability to be that player, make a nuisance of himself, win headers and knock downs for May

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Agree with most of that.

Cosgrove will be a player that’ll never score many.
    Make or break for May. If he’s as poor this season as last, we cut our losses.

I think Kenny Miller will end up here sadly, to add to the striker options.
    He’ll knock back Livingston.
    I’m not sure about Miller - he seems to be stalling on the Livi move for some reason. If he doesn’t go there I’d imiagine we’ll be the likely destination. I’m not devastated at that possibility but I would guess he’d be a high wage earner and I’d probably prefer we spent the money on other areas of the team.

Page 169 of 530 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179219269 ... LastLast