+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 184 of 530 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,840 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Looks on twitter etc. Again
    No hint if a signing. Again
    Sighs. Again

you have to believe McInnes knows what he is doing here and has been given encouragement to hold on for a player or two.

I'd guess a loan from Celtic and a loan from England would not be surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    you have to believe McInnes knows what he is doing here and has been given encouragement to hold on for a player or two.

We'll sign a couple of players before the Burnley game and probably a couple of loanees after that. I don't think we'll take anyone from Celtic - can't think of any who would be realistically available who'd interest us unless Hayes or Allan, but personally I'd prefer we didn't loan from clubs in the same league.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Looks on twitter etc. Again
    No hint if a signing. Again
    Sighs. Again
    All the bluster about looking transfer windows in advance etc is just all talk and nothing else. We are bluffing our way through this transfer window and in all honesty need to start to up our game in the scouting department if we want to progress. Relying on loans from the competition in your own league is not the way forward.

He/they can shove any loans from the Dhims right up his/their subservient hole.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    All the bluster about looking transfer windows in advance etc is just all talk and nothing else. We are bluffing our way through this transfer window and in all honesty need to start to up our game in the scouting department if we want to progress. Relying on loans from the competition in your own league is not the way forward.
    Not convinced that your negativity is accurate.

The midfield has been strengthened by the addition of a championship standard sitting midfield player. A player who is a defensive midfielder and by all accounts has done well in that role and is a good passer of the ball. We've also signed a very comfortable attacking midfielder who looks like he could be a shrewd bit of business. Add in Ferguson and the other young players fighting for a breakthrough and it's far from doom and gloom.

Devlin is now fit and by all accounts he's a proven SPL standard defender. Him and McKenna are talking a good game and appear to be the pairing for this season.

That's the spine of the side IN MY OPINION looking pretty strong. Granted we still require 3 or 4 additional signings but I'm confident that we'll see a pretty settled and strong Aberdeen side again this season.

I'd guess a loan from Celtic .
    F@ck that

two young Irish boys sign on from Shamrock and St Pats

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/07/03/don...nternationals/

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Not convinced that your negativity is accurate.

The midfield has been strengthened by the addition of a championship standard sitting midfield player. A player who is a defensive midfielder and by all accounts has done well in that role and is a good passer of the ball. We've also signed a very comfortable attacking midfielder who looks like he could be a shrewd bit of business. Add in Ferguson and the other young players fighting for a breakthrough and it's far from doom and gloom.

Devlin is now fit and by all accounts he's a proven SPL standard defender. Him and McKenna are talking a good game and appear to be the pairing for this season.

That's the spine of the side IN MY OPINION looking pretty strong. Granted we still require 3 or 4 additional signings but I'm confident that we'll see a pretty settled and strong Aberdeen side again this season.
    I reckon Devlin will be the best player (more consistent) out of the players you mention.
    I really hope they do the business for Aberdeen but they need to be able to beat Celtic if we are to win anything.
    My point about the bluster of this transfer window stands though as obviously McInnes didn’t get his first choice candidates and is now shifting through agents calls to try and enhance his squad. It won’t be long before we hear the spiel about a signed player being a week or 2 behind in fitness and not upto match speed.
    The Europa League is a big deal for McInnes as he is desperate to get into the group stages but with the tie against Burnley being difficult anyway, McInnes and his scouts have limited their fighting chance by not doing the proper work in identifying a range of targets who will improve the club and not just make up the numbers.

We don't know who the "top" targets are/were.

Pretty sure the three we have signed so far were top targets or we wouldn't have paid a fee for Forrester and have a tribunal coming up to determine the Ferguson fee.

My take on the Gleeson signing is he was clearly targeted as McInnes wouldn't be spending time convincing him to join Aberdeen and making him the third signing of the summer.

Maybe we were in for McGeouch, I genuinely don't know who our targets are. Kenny Miller well, I'm still not convinced we were really going to offer him a contract.

I'm fairly optimistic and confident that there will be another two good quality additions signed plus a loan or two prior to the season kicking off.

My only preference is a left back being one of the signings!!

No bed wetting here from this top don. (Yet!)

Page 184 of 530 FirstFirst ... 84134174182183184185186194234284 ... LastLast