+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 186 of 530 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Another two good quality signings....who were the other one(s)?
    No chance of a left back getting signed as Shinnie can play there in the matches that Considine can’t be trusted in when push comes to shove.
    We are after a right sided defender (missed out on Naismith from Ross County) and a sitting midfielder (missed out on McGeouch from Hibs) and probably another central defender after failing to persuade the former team mate of Forrester.
    There is 3 targets that we didn’t get and who really knows the truth about Kenny Miller being asked the question of if he would be willing to come to Aberdeen.
    I do look forward to your two quality signings though when they arrive and please tell me who they are as I am not easily fooled into believing someone is a great player who has just been released or sold for peanuts from the lower leagues in England.
    Pretty confident that we didn't even bid for Jack Baldwin.

Naismith pretty much knew he wasn't coming as first choice. So it says a lot about his character that he wasn't up for a challenge for the right back berth. I assume like Boyce he saw the money and went South so in all honesty you can't blame him.

McGeouch (if the papers are to be believed) is the only target that I am up disappointed in not landing. Mainly because I believe that he would have allowed Graeme Shinnie to play at left back.

As I said earlier I am confident that both Gleeson and Forrester will be quality players for us. Also from what I hear Ferguson is tipped to become some player.

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    throw in another winger too.

if our first XI is Lewis - Logan Devlin McKenna Considine - Shinnie Gleeson - McGinn Forrester GMS - May/Cosgrove

then spares are Rogers, Harrington, Reynolds, Tansey, Ferguson, Campbell, Wright, Ross, Cosgrove/May, Rooney, Anderson

It would be very concerning to go in to the Burnley matches with even two injuries to the 11. Hence two of the spares starting and another 2-3 having to be used as subs.
    Looking at the starting X1 you mentioned above, I'd agree with it and it pretty much picks itself.

The 3 main "weaknesses" would be;
    Devlin - I only say him as he admitted himself, he's miles from full fitness and that could be exposed by Burnley & SEVCO

Considine - perennial weakness but unlikely to be rectified

Striker - we don't have a top quality starting "no.9"

we could certainly do with one of the strikers grabbing a double tonight to give us some hope

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    we could certainly do with one of the strikers grabbing a double tonight to give us some hope
    May apparently looked dreadful tonight & hooked at HT.
    0-0 with Falkirk after 70 May mites.
    1-0 v Cobh Ramblers.

Hardly banging them in.

New striker please & a new winger.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    May apparently looked dreadful tonight & hooked at HT.
    0-0 with Falkirk after 70 May mites.
    1-0 v Cobh Ramblers.

Hardly banging them in.

New striker please & a new winger.
    Feckin phone.
    Meant after 70 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Feckin phone.
    Meant after 70 minutes
    I see we are holding the mighty Falkirk to a 0-0 after 80mins.

100% new number 9 required. DM will have to know this himself if we play 7 pre season matches and no striker has bagged 4 or 5

ie dont sign Shalke or Watt. we'll need to source someone who is gonna be the main man

All out attacking now. Cosgrove off Rooney on

results dont matter in pre-season - derek mcinnes redweb interview

Don’t really need a number 9 if we actually play our number 9. Cosgrove ws decent last few games but its a hard watch. Watt can sign for a new club on friday but you would think if he was signing he would be doing pre season anyway so can count him out

Page 186 of 530 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast