+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 188 of 530 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Asking people to pay money to watch the club play pre-season friendly matches needs looked at.
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Absolutely.
    I’d say it’s a must to get in a pacey winger & a first pick centre forward.
    May is done
    Cosgrove may have some effectiveness but will not score many goals.
    Rooney has being going backwards the last 18 months.
    I’d even accept a dreaded loan for 12 months if it was a Moult type signing.
    Why has Rooney always been going backwards for 18 months?

This time last year people were posting on here he had been going backwards for 18 months,I’m curious why it’s always 18 months?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    This smacks of Russ Richardson.

I had to google McGoldrick

Last 4 league seasons...

102 games... 20 goals.

Shall I get the bunting out?... .
    At least you tried to find out something about him on Google. I won’t bother as I can already state that he won’t improve us and will be just make up the numbers.

Not sure why Watt can’t sign for anyone im just going by his tweets, said the last day he is able to sign for someone this Friday and now saying he will announce on who he is signing for.

Villa, WBA and Bristol City all linked with Mcgoldrick so id assume if true they will pay more and he will stay down there

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Why has Rooney always been going backwards for 18 months?

This time last year people were posting on here he had been going backwards for 18 months,I’m curious why it’s always 18 months?
    Could be 12.
    Could be 15, 18, 24.
    Take your pick.
    But he is.
    We need a new first pick centre forward.

At least you tried to find out something about him on Google. I won’t bother as I can already state that he won’t improve us and will be just make up the numbers.
    Would you have signed Louis Moult prior to Motherwell picking him up?

I just feel that we don't create enough.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

If we have Rooney in the middle and create chances for him, he'll score. Problem is we've sometimes got May or Rooney on the left wing where they will neither score nor create chances for others. GMS was on fire at one point last season and McInnes either dropped him, or played him at left back (can't quite remember - but it totally ruined his run of form). McGinn came back and was on fire for the first few games and McInnes then shoved him into a strange position (think it was right wing back) and his run of form came to an end.

Start the season with Rooney up front, GMS and McGinn out wide and give Forrester an opportunity in the 10 role. I would give Wright some game time too to stake a claim as I do think he has potential. If Wright hits some form, or if we get another winger in, give McGinn some time in the 10 role. The biggest mistake is putting any of the strikers out wide, might as well play with 10 men - they're all slow, have no ability to get past a man, can't cross the ball and can't score from that position.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post

Except for Adam Rooney, McInnes has failed time and again getting another decent striker. I don’t blame him for taking a chance with Stevie May as I honestly thought he would do the business up here when fit but he has been nothing but woefully short of being decent so far.
    I would take Louis Moult before you ask as he was very decent for Motherwell.
    We don’t create enough as nearly every team sets up the same way in the league with 4 defenders and 2 sitting midfielders. Some even go with 5 at the back. No point having 1 man up front trying to do the business when he is only getting punts up the park to hold onto. We genuinely need to rethink our attacking nature to open teams up (the poor and decent teams) if we want to improve on last season.

Except for Adam Rooney, McInnes has failed time and again getting another decent striker. I don’t blame him for taking a chance with Stevie May as I honestly thought he would do the business up here when fit but he has been nothing but woefully short of being decent so far.
    We don’t create enough as nearly every team sets up the same way in the league with 4 defenders and 2 sitting midfielders. Some even go with 5 at the back. No point having 1 man up front trying to do the business when he is only getting punts up the park to hold onto. We genuinely need to rethink our attacking nature to open teams up (the poor and decent teams) if we want to improve on last season.
    The problem is we're shopping in the bargain basement. Every striker we sign is a punt, most of them slightly desperate ones, and that's just as true for every other club in the SPL bar Celtic. Everything is stats driven these days, you can press a button and read the numbers on just about anybody who kicked a ball. Everyone has access to exactly the some data as we do, and anyone whose numbers suggest anything within sniffing distance of decent is well outside our budget.

The extra threepence-halfpenny we have on our budget compared to the likes of Motherwell or Killie is a near irrelevance when it comes to signing genuine quality.

SPL clubs are casting about desperately trying to find a diamond (or more accurately a slightly better quality of paste) in the rough, and occasionally somebody flukes one. At which point fans at every other club go "why can't we sign players like so and so, if Motherwell/Killie can do it, why can't we? Our manager is a numpty".

Fact is, everybody flukes one once in a while, and it has very little to do with the quality of your manager. The days when a manager's main asset was to have an "eye for a player" a la Turnbull et al have long gone. These days about 95% of player assessment is down to software.

Moult is a case in point. Look him up on Wiki. Apart from a purple patch at Motherwell, he has been pretty unremittingly $hite throughout his career. If we'd signed him around the time he went to Motherwell this board would have been up in arms about the dross we were signing.

If we sign him now he'd be a typical Deek signing: a guy who had a spell of success, a more recent spell of failure, and we're gambling we can get him back to being good. It's a policy that's had more misses than hits, but it's hard to see what else we can do, because we can't afford recent successes. But would we get the Motherwell player who looked a cut above your average SPL striker, or the useless baastard he's been for most of his career? It's just another punt.

I'll point you to both Stockley and Megennis (or whatever his name was) both have had decent seasons after leaving Aberdeen. I'll still argue that we don't create enough to be effective in front of goal. The loss of Hayes and McGinn also highlighted this and we struggled even more.

Do we always need to play 4-2-3-1??

Can we not be more attack minded against "lesser" teams. Create more, play more attack minded at times, excite the fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If we have Rooney in the middle and create chances for him, he'll score. Problem is we've sometimes got May or Rooney on the left wing where they will neither score nor create chances for others. GMS was on fire at one point last season and McInnes either dropped him, or played him at left back (can't quite remember - but it totally ruined his run of form). McGinn came back and was on fire for the first few games and McInnes then shoved him into a strange position (think it was right wing back) and his run of form came to an end.

Start the season with Rooney up front, GMS and McGinn out wide and give Forrester an opportunity in the 10 role. I would give Wright some game time too to stake a claim as I do think he has potential. If Wright hits some form, or if we get another winger in, give McGinn some time in the 10 role. The biggest mistake is putting any of the strikers out wide, might as well play with 10 men - they're all slow, have no ability to get past a man, can't cross the ball and can't score from that position.
    GMS has been inconsistent throughout his career, nowt to do with a position change. He can be amazing in patches of games ghosting past players like they're not there and at other times he can't trap a bag of cement.

McGinn's groin injury flared up again. Again nowt to do with a change of position.

Good argument despite the facts being totally wrong.

Personally I (as I've said quite a lot in this thread) just don't think we're agressive or attacking enough as borne out by the amount of crappy 1-0 wins we scape at times. With a bit more belief and aggression we could easily turn those 1-0 wins into 3 & 4 goal games.

Page 188 of 530 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast