+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 192 of 530 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast
Results 1,911 to 1,920 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ve heard that our bid is not that close to £500k for Marquis.
    If that’s the case, then no chance of Moult.
    Preston paid £600k for him 6 months ago, they’d want the majority of that back.
    I would be interested in Moult if he was available. I think McInnes is looking for someone more mobile than Rooney to play the 1 up front role.
    Let’s get the signings in to give us something to talk about (and debate)

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Having missed out on Marquis and obviously having cash to splash do we ask about the availability of Louis Moult?
    What about the availability of Liam Boyce?....both are players McInnes was linked with before.
    A lot of people are saying May is done because of his knee injury so why take a risk on another striker who has had a serious knee injury?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Or instead of wasting money on another striker when we already have 3 either buy a proper left back or another midfielder so Shinnie can move to left back.

It’s more of a priority than buying another striker.
    McInnes has no chance of chopping Considine, he under (and like) McInnes is untouchable.
    I will put my head on the block and state that absolutely no way will we sign a left back this transfer window.
    I personally wouldn’t sign one as I would play Shinnie there first as he certainly could do us a very decent job in that role. It’s the 2 sitting midfielder positions I would be looking to change and sacrifice 1 of them to improve our attacking style immediately.

A lot of people are saying May is done because of his knee injury so why take a risk on another striker who has had a serious knee injury?
    Stevie May passed our medical so surely to goodness our esteemed manager and tight as f@ck chairman wouldn’t have gambled on a crock?
    Players get injured all the time and a lot of the recovery is about their mentality to convince themselves to kick on. We signed Devlin when he was in a worse state than what May etc was in at the time we signed but our medical side gave it the go ahead.
    Devlin will be the 1st choice pairing with McKenna for the centre of our defence this season so surely the club must know (on things medically) what it is doing as we also paid a fee for Devlin.
    May will be decent when he gets his confidence back and is played to his strengths (1 up front is not going to help him).

with Considine, Shinnie, Reynolds and McKenna that can all play left back I'd be very surprised if DM spends any serious funds on that position. If he gets the chance of a cheap loanee like Mitchell from ManU for £1k/week then that might be a different story. Chances of us spending something serious like a permanent signing on £3k/week for left back = zero chance.

I still think a season long loan for Moult could be where the striker pursuit ends up.

McInnes has no chance of chopping Considine, he under (and like) McInnes is untouchable.
    I will put my head on the block and state that absolutely no way will we sign a left back this transfer window.
    I personally wouldn’t sign one as I would play Shinnie there first as he certainly could do us a very decent job in that role. It’s the 2 sitting midfielder positions I would be looking to change and sacrifice 1 of them to improve our attacking style immediately.
    There lies the problem right there,you could replace all 3 strikers and we would be lucky if any of them score 20 goals because we play with 2 sitting midfielders and have a centre back playing left back.

If we actually played a left back at left back maybe we could sacrifice one of the holding midfielders and the strikers we have would score more goals.

There lies the problem right there,you could replace all 3 strikers and we would be lucky if any of them score 20 goals because we play with 2 sitting midfielders and have a centre back playing left back.

If we actually played a left back at left back maybe we could sacrifice one of the holding midfielders and the strikers we have would score more goals.
    I agree, absolutely no need for 2 sitting midfielders and as Shinnie is a very decent left back who is very mobile I would slot him into that role immediately.
    We are not Derek McInnes though and he definitely favours Considine at left back and Shinnie into 1 of his 2 sitting midfielders.
    We might not score lots of goals but we are difficult to beat....well sometimes unless it is a pressure match where we generally sh!t it.
    I will say it again that the 4-2-3-1 suits the manager and not the players.

I agree, absolutely no need for 2 sitting midfielders and as Shinnie is a very decent left back who is very mobile I would slot him into that role immediately.
    We are not Derek McInnes though and he definitely favours Considine at left back and Shinnie into 1 of his 2 sitting midfielders.
    We might not score lots of goals but we are difficult to beat....well sometimes unless it is a pressure match where we generally sh!t it.
    I will say it again that the 4-2-3-1 suits the manager and not the players.
    I agree with you there,in McInnes second season we went through a spell where he played Rooney and Goodwillie up front,we scored plenty of goals but also conceded plenty as well.

Instead of rectifying the situation by replacing the defenders he went back to his 4-2-3-1 formation to protect the defenders and has been doing so ever since.

It’s all very well people going on about bringing strikers in but they will also struggle to score with the formation we play.

You can’t criticise him to a certain extent I suppose because his system wins us a lot of games but I would say it’s his tactics and formation that teams are starting to suss out rather than Rooney as some are suggesting.

I agree with you there,in McInnes second season we went through a spell where he played Rooney and Goodwillie up front,we scored plenty of goals but also conceded plenty as well.

Instead of rectifying the situation by replacing the defenders he went back to his 4-2-3-1 formation to protect the defenders and has been doing so ever since.

It’s all very well people going on about bringing strikers in but they will also struggle to score with the formation we play.

You can’t criticise him to a certain extent I suppose because his system wins us a lot of games but I would say it’s his tactics and formation that teams are starting to suss out rather than Rooney as some are suggesting.
    Didn’t we horse Motherwell 6-2, & Dundee
    7-0 with a 4-2-3-1?
    I think it’s more about personnel & mindset as opposed to 1 up front.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Didn’t we horse Motherwell 6-2, & Dundee
    7-0 with a 4-2-3-1?
    I think it’s more about personnel & mindset as opposed to 1 up front.

Who was playing up front in those games?

The guy you said has been going backwards for 24 months.

2016/17 season aside how many times have we horsed teams playing with 1 up front?

I’m all for playing that formation in certain games but do you really think we should be playing with 2 holding midfielders and 1 striker against bottom 6 teams at Pittodrie?

Page 192 of 530 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292 ... LastLast