+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 530 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Recruit Jack Ross.

The rest will take care of itself

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Recruit Jack Ross.

You’re assuming someone wants DM.
    Irrespective if we lose the next 6 games on the spin, he ain’t getting the tin tack anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Not quite.
    Aberdeen had been back for 2 or 3 weeks before he arrived.

I just reckon a full pre-season and 2nd season benefit (like Hayes) and we'll see a better output from him.

As I said, he's shown enough in games to be a valuable member of the squad.
    Fair dos. He would have missed some intense stuff in that case

Get Mulumbu

If not him then someone very like him.
    A tough b'astard thats clever enough not to get booked every game.

That's all we need at the moment, spend some money on this one player and forget about 4 other squad fillers.
    If our youngsters are not good enough for the squad and the occasional appearance from the bench then why do we bother at all with the youth teams?

With Tansey on his way back in the summer it will be like a new signing. 😱

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Recruit Jack Ross.

Nah...he will be too busy trying to keep St.Mirren in the top flight. Neil Lennon would be the better option for us.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    To kick it off with players we know.
    the only out of contract players from the Scottish Premiership I would consider is: -

Youssouf Mulumbu - Defensive Midfield, but may be likely to want to head back down south.
    Jason Naismith - Right-Back, could give some decent competition for Shay Logan
    Alex Schalk - Striker, but a risk of being anothe rMiles Storey
    Dylan McGeouch - Attacking Midfield, can be injury prone and likely to be out of our price range and reported he would like to try down south
    Would definitely take Naismith - Logan has played lwb plenty down south though with the County lad's obvious attributes - would be no surprise to see him line up alongside Shinnie in the engine room. His versatility would be invaluable in what will be another small squad, proven at this level, capable of moving up a level and good potential to do so and am assuming he'd see 2 years at Scotland's second best as decent path to English gold. Disappointed we haven't already made a move. We'll no doubt be priced out y League 2 giants in the summer sales.

Can't see us being able to entice Mulumbu or McGeouch and with the squad surgery required - to put all our eggs into one attractive wage would leave us woefully short next season.

Would try and get Naismith signed - him and Devlin would be solid starts and then we'll wait expectantly to see who Richardson has found for us in midfield in time for the Europa qualifiers - gulp.

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    Would definitely take Naismith - Logan has played lwb plenty down south though with the County lad's obvious attributes - would be no surprise to see him line up alongside Shinnie in the engine room. His versatility would be invaluable in what will be another small squad, proven at this level, capable of moving up a level and good potential to do so and am assuming he'd see 2 years at Scotland's second best as decent path to English gold. Disappointed we haven't already made a move. We'll no doubt be priced out y League 2 giants in the summer sales.

Can't see us being able to entice Mulumbu or McGeouch and with the squad surgery required - to put all our eggs into one attractive wage would leave us woefully short next season.

Would try and get Naismith signed - him and Devlin would be solid starts and then we'll wait expectantly to see who Richardson has found for us in midfield in time for the Europa qualifiers - gulp.
    I work with naismith's brother,he's a hun,(his brother is st mirren) theres interst from huns apparently and thats his preference or down south where there's also interest,he wont be signing for us i wouldn't think

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    I work with naismith's brother,he's a hun,(his brother is st mirren) theres interst from huns apparently and thats his preference or down south where there's also interest,he wont be signing for us i wouldn't think
    Suggest we look at a list of players that are out of contract from League One & League Two in England.
    A good few will come from there.

As for players up here?
    I’ve heard folk suggest mulumbu & McGeoch.
    Both good players.
    However both will be down south next season.
    I also like Glen Kamara at Dundee but he’s under contract until next summer.

My guess is any players from up here will be from the next level down.
    Someone like Ali Crawford at Accies for example.
    Oh aye, and about 5 or 6 on loan again

Who will Celtic give us though? Exciting times.

Page 2 of 530 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast