+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 21 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    True.
    I’d say he’s a better option at sitting in front of the back 4 compared to O’Connor.... BUT... does that make him a good signing?
    O'Connor certainly isn't the benchmark, it's hard to say whether Ball is good enough. Think he only had 9 starts and 6 of them were in the last few weeks. You can't judge the guy on sporadic sub appearances and games being played out of position.

The defence didnt have the usual calamitous look about them when Ball played in front of them.

He may well be looking for a decent wage though, there should be plenty of players of his ability available on low wages but I don't really trust your mate Russ to find them either.

I'd take Ball, he's only 22 and looks as though there is a player in him, especially in that defensive midfield role. He's a player that if he continues to develop we could sell on for profit. He reads the game well and looks fairly composed.

Yes I'd take him as one of our sitting midfield players.

He's crap.

I would really be looking for an improvement next season, not re-signing the worst of the ones we got rid of.

What about Maynard up front?

Totally agree.
    Had enough of square pegs in round holes.
    Either play Graeme Shinnie at left back & sign a few centre mids, or sign an actual left back.
    There's a scotland international left back fallen out of favour with his club. Would you take him?

Where's that tin hat smiley...

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    There's a scotland international left back fallen out of favour with his club. Would you take him?

You've Lost me surely nae Hutton thought he is a RB

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post

Aye but he fell oot of favour cause of the old boss, now they have their saviour (another one) in place he might be back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fyviered View Post
    Aye but he fell oot of favour cause of the old boss, now they have their saviour (another one) in place he might be back!!
    I wouldn't want him.
    Twice he was involved in disruption of their manager and would be a bad influence in the dressing room.

If he leaves, he'll likely go to the diets

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    You've Lost me surely nae Hutton thought he is a RB
    He means “the grass” aka Lee Wallace of SEVCO

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    O'Connor certainly isn't the benchmark, it's hard to say whether Ball is good enough. Think he only had 9 starts and 6 of them were in the last few weeks. You can't judge the guy on sporadic sub appearances and games being played out of position.

The defence didnt have the usual calamitous look about them when Ball played in front of them.

He may well be looking for a decent wage though, there should be plenty of players of his ability available on low wages but I don't really trust your mate Russ to find them either.
    Fair comment...& Russ is currently flicking through the freebies available in League 1 & League 2 as we speak

He means “the grass” aka Lee Wallace of SEVCO
    Cheers for info RedStar But didnae even know he was an International !

Page 21 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171121521 ... LastLast