+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Cheers for info RedStar But didnae even know he was an International !
    When sevco started out in the lower leagues, strachan seemed contractually obliged to pick one of them for every game to sell tickets.
    Wallace was often the token player - don't remember him starting any competitive games, but he probably got a run out in a friendly

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    When sevco started out in the lower leagues, strachan seemed contractually obliged to pick one of them for every game to sell tickets.
    Wallace was often the token player - don't remember him starting any competitive games, but he probably got a run out in a friendly
    He's into double figures in caps and played in several qualifiers.

He can gtf though.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    He's into double figures in caps and played in several qualifiers.

He can gtf though.
    Donsdaft would have a coronary ! He was bad enough with McLean and Ball :-)

I wouldn't want him either. Sleekit looking cant.

Dom Ball would be decent cover to have in the squad - strong and athletic and can cover a few positions. Not good enough for starting 11 if we want to remaining top 3 but good enough as cover.

Templeton was one I had thought about as a possibility.

Craig Conway, Ross Wallace, and the boy Mackie are all out of contract down south and have Scottish links - McInnes kind of signings. No idea if any of them would be any use.

Also, where's Andrew Shinnie these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post

Craig Conway,?
    He came on as a sub for Blackburn when I was down a few weeks ago. He was decent.

I wouldn't say Ball is not good enough if he keeps his level of performance up. However, what is crucial is that we fill the other midfield positions properly.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Aberdeen are leading the chase for Ross County right-back Jason Naismith. (Daily Record)

BBC Gossip page
    Hardly an inspirational signing but in all honesty I cannot remember a game where he was ever very decent against us.
    If this is the like of signings to tool us up for next season then we will need plenty of luck for next season.
    Folk are going on about Lee Wallace (I know he plays the opposite full back) but he is a lot better than Naismith as a full back.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Hardly an inspirational signing but in all honesty I cannot remember a game where he was ever very decent against us.
    If this is the like of signings to tool us up for next season then we will need plenty of luck for next season.
    Folk are going on about Lee Wallace (I know he plays the opposite full back) but he is a lot better than Naismith as a full back.
    Very decent, young player.
    I'd far rather have him than Wallace.

I'd far rather have the plague than Wallace

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I'd far rather have the plague than Wallace
    Surely back to Hertz, a classic Levein signing

Page 22 of 530 FirstFirst ... 1220212223243272122522 ... LastLast