+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 231 of 530 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,310 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    We’ve been able to sign players since January on pre contracts. McInnes said himself he works two windows in advance so what the f’ucks he been doing?

To only have 3 in at this stage with Europe only two weeks away is not good enough. After all, the club always tells us how allegedly important Europe is to them, and we all know for definite what a financial game changer it could be for the club yet we’re throwing it away for another year - EPL opposition or not.

Any signings we make now have missed a big chunk of pre season and time to integrate into the squad. Good excuse for McInnes though if we have a poor start.

The current situation is a joke. Having to cancel friendlies we need to be playing for sharpness due to injuries to a paper thin squad is a joke. Frankly, that’s the sort of tin pot Mickey Mouse s’hite I’d associate with Sevco, not a proper football club.

Even looking at s’hite like Nowak is a joke.

DNA? 😂😂😂

My pants are entirely dry, but are singularly unimpressed by the whole thing so far.
    Just another one on to agree with this very fair assessment.

It looks like we were hanging our hat on McGeough and didn't have any back up plan.

As alluded to above, it's not just the lack of signings at this stage that annoys me, it's the fact that even if we do bring guys in between now and the Burnley tie they will not be match fit - this despite us having all summer to get our house in order, and indeed since January to sign players on pre-contracts.

I watched the Siroki game last year at Pittodrie and the players were simply not fit. We were fortunate to escape with 1-1 and lucky we produced some quality goals in Bosnia. If we adopt the same approach - and unfortunately it appears we are doing so, whether willingly or not - against Burnley, we will be heavily beaten.

I don't expect us to beat Burnley over two legs - I DO expect us to give them a game and try to win the tie. We're unprepared and preparing to fail. That is not good enough.

I guess the proof will be in the pudding, but the signs are ominous.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    You wouldn't have seen much of him then. He got 8 starts in a whole league campaign at a diddy French team, The Weegie press built Dalcio and Musonda up to be world beaters and this guy will likely be no different.

I would have been diasppointed had we signed him although i'm almost at the stage where I'll accept anyone.
    It lists 20 appearances if it was 8 starts and 12 subs its decent its the French top leauge were taking about.

I know what the press are like doon there.

I would've been happy with getting a player from top french leauge, even if he wasnt a regular starter.

Im writing these burnley games of, we haven't a chance in hell if winning the tie.

I dont exspect anyone in today poss next week or even on the week of the game

Did Bilel Mohsni not sign for Angers after leaving the Huns? They are hardly a team of world beaters. He may turn out to be decent but i wouldnt get over excited if we had signed him, think people are just getting over excited with the fact we have not signed much and are taking in Hearts rejects.

Any news on Gleeson injury?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    Im writing these burnley games of, we haven't a chance in hell if winning the tie.

I agree.
    Burnley won away at Arsenal, Man City (I think?), Old Trafford and Chelsea last season.

2-0 to them in both legs is my prediction.....

To compare (albeit not fairly given the gulf in finances) the moaning on here (rightly) about our sh1te transfer window .....this was in the BBC Gossip page....

"Burnley boss Sean Dyche says the Premier League club will break their transfer record again this summer. (Lancashire Telegraph)"

Not a thing yet about gleeson. Club should be hearing today or have already learned about it yday

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post

Im afraid you are probably right as regards the Burnley games, I dont really have any expectation of us beating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Did Bilel Mohsni not sign for Angers after leaving the Huns? They are hardly a team of world beaters. He may turn out to be decent but i wouldnt get over excited if we had signed him, think people are just getting over excited with the fact we have not signed much and are taking in Hearts rejects.
    Yes thats where he went after Rangers. The bottom half of Ligue 1 is honking and this guy played a total of 2 full matches in the league for them.

As for us, I am starting to worry a little, not quite at the stage of having to change my undies yet though.

Quote Originally Posted by theram1975 View Post
    Yes thats where he went after Rangers. The bottom half of Ligue 1 is honking and this guy played a total of 2 full matches in the league for them.

As for us, I am starting to worry a little, not quite at the stage of having to change my undies yet though.
    You must've at least dribbled

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    You must've at least dribbled
    That wasn't football related.

I predict a signing today.

Page 231 of 530 FirstFirst ... 131181221229230231232233241281331 ... LastLast