+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 240 of 530 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Mulumbu is the perfect example of why I donated to DNA, pushing the boat out a bit more than we normally would to land a player that would make a real difference to the first team. If he ends up in England on £10K a week then fair enough but I will be really pi**ed if he ends up at another non celtic/sevco Scottish team on wages that we could have beaten

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    He wasn't used last season. His pace is not great. May is obviously our managers first choice. Cosgrove is seen as the "something different" option.

Positive development is freeing up the wage for someone else.

That's how football works. In's and outs.
    Why is cosgrove seen as a different option to may neither threaten to be prolific

I’m not hugely bothered or surprised if Adam Rooney leaves.
    He’s been a great signing & we’ll always be grateful for the best part of 100 goals.
    Maybe it is time for him to go.
    He’s not been as effective for a while.

However, I’ll caveat that by saying we HAVE to sign a replacement that is at least as good otherwise it’s lunacy as neither Cosgrove or May have done anything to suggest they’ll be half as prolific.
    I reckon if Cosgrove played all 38 league games, he’d be lucky to get 6 goals.

Devils Advocate time.
    Rooney going is probably a marmite thing.
    However, IF he’s replaced by a Moult type standard player, most will be happy.
    However, if he was replaced by someone deemed inferior, then DM is making a big rod for his own back.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    He wasn't used last season. His pace is not great. May is obviously our managers first choice. Cosgrove is seen as the "something different" option.

Positive development is freeing up the wage for someone else.

That's how football works. In's and outs.
    His pace has never been good. May and Cosgrove are hardly lightning quick. Fake news.

We've had several strikers come in since Rooney has been here and I reckon they probably haven't scored 20 goals between them.

Ins and outs haven't worked for a while with Mcinnes. Who was his last really good signing?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    His pace has never been good. May and Cosgrove are hardly lightning quick. Fake news.

We've had several strikers come in since Rooney has been here and I reckon they probably haven't scored 20 goals between them.

Ins and outs haven't worked for a while with Mcinnes. Who was his last really good signing?
    Joe Lewis - four transfer windows ago!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post

Joe Lewis?

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’m not hugely bothered or surprised if Adam Rooney leaves.
    He’s been a great signing & we’ll always be grateful for the best part of 100 goals.
    Maybe it is time for him to go.
    He’s not been as effective for a while.

However, I’ll caveat that by saying we HAVE to sign a replacement that is at least as good otherwise it’s lunacy as neither Cosgrove or May have done anything to suggest they’ll be half as prolific.
    I reckon if Cosgrove played all 38 league games, he’d be lucky to get 6 goals.
    If Rooney is sold before we even get anyone in I'll go tonto

Rooney is a great striker to have if hes playing every week,lbut hes an expensive player o just have sitting on the bench to bring on for 15/20 minutes, might be better to move him on and promote a striker from under 20's to be a bench filler, I would hope that May and Cosgrove can settle in this season and become 20+ goals a season each. It seems a big ask but you can never tell what the next season will bring.

Quote Originally Posted by seeyazander View Post
    Rooney is a great striker to have if hes playing every week,lbut hes an expensive player o just have sitting on the bench to bring on for 15/20 minutes, might be better to move him on and promote a striker from under 20's to be a bench filler, I would hope that May and Cosgrove can settle in this season and become 20+ goals a season each. It seems a big ask but you can never tell what the next season will bring.
    You for real min?

Page 240 of 530 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340 ... LastLast