+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 264 of 530 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Where do you see that? Would be a good move you'd suspect
    his scoring record is poor - should fit right in

Are we expecting Rooney to complete his move today?

Quote Originally Posted by D31 View Post
    Are we expecting Rooney to complete his move today?
    If that happens I'm expecting to be extremely pissed off today

[QUOTE=Pauldolski10;38946713]
    Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Played for Burnley 3-4 years ago.
    Did well.
    Got a move to Liverpool.
    Doesn’t get a game

Brenda signed him for Liverpool, he then done his cruciate and doesn't fit into Klopps style. Good goalscorer at lower level in England
    Lower level? Scored 11 in the EPL for Burnley (I know he scored mainly in Championship, but he also proved he could score at top level hence his move to Liverpool)

his scoring record is poor - should fit right in
    Another one with significant knee problems, maybe him and May could compare notes! He's one of those "names" from about 3-4 years ago that just seem to have fallen off the radar. Could be anything, although coming from Utd and being a name people are aware of, expectations would be high!

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Does nobody "mod" this site??

What an embarrassment of a thread this has turned into.

And folk on here slag off AFC Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Baggios_Ponytail View Post
    Another one with significant knee problems, maybe him and May could compare notes! He's one of those "names" from about 3-4 years ago that just seem to have fallen off the radar. Could be anything, although coming from Utd and being a name people are aware of, expectations would be high!
    If we replaced a proven, experienced goal scorer like Rooney with a player that's lost his way, had injury problems, and has a very poor goal scoring record when punted out on loan, then it would sum up a horrendous transfer window by the club.

I await AFC1903mad to come along and correct me though
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 16-07-2018 at 08:44 AM.

If we replaced a proven, experienced goal scorer like Rooney with a player that's lost his way, had injury problems, and has a very poor goal scoring record when punted out on loan, then it would sum up a horrendous transfer window by the club.

I await AFC1903mad to come along and correct me though
    I couldn't agree more

Selling Rooney and keeping goal shy strikers and potentially signing a crock after scoring less goals last season when Rooney was funnily enough bit part is ludicrous

Quote Originally Posted by SuperEoin View Post

For me I hope that Rooney does not go to Salford, if ever there were proven goals within the team it is him. His goalscoring suffered when we lost Hayes and Mcginn and we then got "Wingers" who would prefer to drift in and go themselves rather than put a ball in for a effectively poacher. I get that we need to mix up a play but to have the best goalscorer since the king treated this way is a travesty. Here is hoping that European footbal is enough to keep him with us, as he has every right to look elsewhere if he is going to be left on the bench.
    Nail on head about Rooney. Play to his strengths and he’ll score 20 goals a season.

Quote Originally Posted by xtrmntr75 View Post
    Nail on head about Rooney. Play to his strengths and he’ll score 20 goals a season.
    I suspect that Rooney has told McInnes that he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I suspected as much as soon as I read our managers comments a few weeks back. There was a hint that Rooney wasn't happy. "As long as he wants to be here" or similar.

Rooney has been great for us. The lack of service after losing both Hayes & McGinn was the beginning of the end for him as a goal poacher. His service dried up and McInnes started to look at more mobile strikers who can also operate outside the box.

Page 264 of 530 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast