+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 265 of 530 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,650 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I suspect that Rooney has told McInnes that he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I suspected as much as soon as I read our managers comments a few weeks back. There was a hint that Rooney wasn't happy. "As long as he wants to be here" or similar.

Rooney has been great for us. The lack of service after losing both Hayes & McGinn was the beginning of the end for him as a goal poacher. His service dried up and McInnes started to look at more mobile strikers who can also operate outside the box.
    "More mobile strikers" - such as Stockley, Cosgrove & May?.... I must've missed something.
    May & Cosgrove will be lucky to get 15 goals between them.
    I'm not 100% against Rooney leaving .....IF he's replaced by someone of at least equal ability.
    But if it's for some unproven player, or someone recovering from a bad period in their career with a poor scoring record, then really what is the point?

I suppose, if Rooney himself has expressed a wish to go, then we wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player, and it will possibly be boiling down to that

I suspect that Rooney has told McInnes that he doesn't want to sit on the bench. I suspected as much as soon as I read our managers comments a few weeks back. There was a hint that Rooney wasn't happy. "As long as he wants to be here" or similar.

Rooney has been great for us. The lack of service after losing both Hayes & McGinn was the beginning of the end for him as a goal poacher. His service dried up and McInnes started to look at more mobile strikers who can also operate outside the box.
    And this is where Mcinnes has failed. He has a 20-30 goals a season striker at the club, should know exactly what Rooneys strengths are and should have built an attacking force around that. Instead, we lost two wingers and changed our style of play moving forward. We tried to fit around the likes of May and Maynard and it didnt pay off. Now we could potentially lose Rooney and be stuck with some non scoring strikers.

Some folk think Rooney is mince and slate him week in and week out, but despite not being the quickest, he has so many goals in him and he has proven that. If we do in fact lose him, it will be a big loss and we could go years before finding anyone else with an equal scoring ability.

you are probably wanting to sign two strikers if Rooney leaves and his replacement is not someone familiar with our league. Risky approach to go with May, Cosgove, Anderson and someone who has never played in Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    "More mobile strikers" - such as Stockley, Cosgrove & May?.... I must've missed something.
    I'm not 100% against Rooney leaving .....IF he's replaced by someone of at least equal ability.
    But if it's for some unproven player, or someone recovering from a bad period in their career with a poor scoring record, then really what is the point?

I suppose, if Rooney himself has expressed a wish to go, then we wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player, and it will possibly be boiling down to that
    Yes. Like it or not May does way more work than Rooney outside the box. I'm not saying I agree with what McInnes is thinking but if you starve Rooney of service and he has to drop deeper and deeper then he becomes less effective. May has more "ability" and better vision than Rooney when it comes to dropping back and linking in with the midfield. (In my opinion)

I hope to see a vastly improved Stevie May this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    And this is where Mcinnes has failed. He has a 20-30 goals a season striker at the club, should know exactly what Rooneys strengths are and should have built an attacking force around that. Instead, we lost two wingers and changed our style of play moving forward. We tried to fit around the likes of May and Maynard and it didnt pay off. Now we could potentially lose Rooney and be stuck with some non scoring strikers.

Some folk think Rooney is mince and slate him week in and week out, but despite not being the quickest, he has so many goals in him and he has proven that. If we do in fact lose him, it will be a big loss and we could go years before finding anyone else with an equal scoring ability.
    It's easier to try and replace a striker than it is to source two wingers of Hayes and McGinn's ability within our budget.

As I said in another post, May links better. Hopefully he'll be a much improved Stevie May this season as he has the ability.

Yes. Like it or not May does way more work than Rooney outside the box. I'm not saying I agree with what McInnes is thinking but if you starve Rooney of service and he has to drop deeper and deeper then he becomes less effective. May has more "ability" and better vision than Rooney when it comes to dropping back and linking in with the midfield. (In my opinion)

I hope to see a vastly improved Stevie May this season.
    This is a make or break season for Stevie May.
    If we get another season of what we got last season, then he's done at this level IMO.

The only reason Rooney will have expressed any wish to leave is because he’s nae getting a game.

Who can blame him if he has? He sees strikers who couldn’t hit a coo’s erse with a banjo getting played week after week when he’s a proven 20 goals a year man.

Get the wingers and midfielders (hopefully Forrester) to provide the service and get Rooney back where he should be - front and centre in the box.

Del tries to be too f’uckin clever too often. Stop f’uckin about, set up and play to our known strengths and get on with it.

This is a make or break season for Stevie May.
    If we get another season of what we got last season, then he's done at this level IMO.
    I know it was only 45 mins, and he shouldn't be judged on it, but the Stevie May that was playing against Cove Rangers was way too similar to the one i remember seeing last season.

Not holding out much hope.....

Quote Originally Posted by awafaehame View Post
    I know it was only 45 mins, and he shouldn't be judged on it, but the Stevie May that was playing against Cove Rangers was way too similar to the one i remember seeing last season.

Not holding out much hope.....
    He was garbage, along with GMS and Considine

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    He was garbage, along with GMS and Considine
    Agreed, add the Trailist to that trio too.

Page 265 of 530 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365 ... LastLast