+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 267 of 530 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast
Results 2,661 to 2,670 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Shouldn't be hard to replace him then, ideally a decent midfielder so Shinnie can play left-back (and Considine becomes cover) but that seems out of the question for some reason.
    Shinnie prefers playing CM. Players usually play better where they like to play and feel more effective - plus he's gained International honours due to his CM play, why move him to part time LB? Just get a full-time replacement for Considine who can be the squad player he should be that can cover CB/LB.

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    Of the squad who started last season;

O’Connor replaced by Devlin
    McLean replaced by Forrester
    Stewart replaced by McGinn
    Maynard replaced by Cosgrove
    Arnason not replaced yet
    Ball replaced by Gleeson
    Rogers not replaced yet
    Harvie not replaced yet
    Christie not replaced yet
    Storie replaced by Ferguson

I hoped DNA money would improve the quality of the first XI or increase the strength in depth of the squad, going to have to pull a few rabbits out of the hat to make either happen, especially with Tansey & Rooney also seemingly on the way out.
    Personally I feel Christie has been replaced by Forrester (Forrester seems to want to play that "10" role) and McLean is replaced by Gleeson...

I don't accept Maynard "replaced" by Cosgrove since they were both there at the same time last season. Maynard hasn't been replaced on the wage budget in my opinion (neither have Stewart or O'Connor for that matter)

Im the eternal optimist, of very few on here...
    But if we don't see anyone by Friday, I will be officially deflated...and sh11ting myself.

Still holding hope that DM has plans that simply have not surfaced yet, but we ƒucked if he hasnt.

Whats going on!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Personally I feel Christie has been replaced by Forrester (Forrester seems to want to play that "10" role) and McLean is replaced by Gleeson...

I don't accept Maynard "replaced" by Cosgrove since they were both there at the same time last season. Maynard hasn't been replaced on the wage budget in my opinion (neither have Stewart or O'Connor for that matter)
    Regardless looking at the we are at least 4 short compared to last season! 5 if Rooney goes (& I hope not!)

Quote Originally Posted by macattack View Post
    Regardless looking at the we are at least 4 short compared to last season! 5 if Rooney goes (& I hope not!)
    I think we were about 5-7 short before Rooney going so we are in a bad way. Not that I expect to get 7, but for me if Rooney goes, we have to get 5 in at a minimum before the window closes.

If we end up with so many players short then that's both bad squad management and bad financial management. With the introduction of DNA, we should be up on players, not down.

I know we have a long way to go til the start of the season, but all this makes me think we are just accepting the fact we aren't getting past Burnley, will cash in and then use some funds for signings before the end of the seasons.

Interestingly Harvie was projected ahead of McKenna at the start of last season, amazing how quickly things can change!
    Well, with a combination of injuries and f**k all in terms of signings, we'll maybe see if one or two others are ready to "sink or swim" like Scott McKenna did.
    The likes of Lewis Ferguson, Dean Campbell, Scott Wright and Frank Ross may get more time than we (and they) thought a few weeks ago?
    I'm all for younger boys getting their chance, but hopefully we see some good signings asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    If we end up with so many players short then that's both bad squad management and bad financial management. With the introduction of DNA, we should be up on players, not down.

I know we have a long way to go til the start of the season, but all this makes me think we are just accepting the fact we aren't getting past Burnley, will cash in and then use some funds for signings before the end of the seasons.
    You mention Burnley...
    Even if we made 2 or 3 good signings, the Burnley game is 10 days away, and the scum 13 days away.
    No time for them to get up to speed, get fitness if they're from England and are a bit behind in pre-season, get to know the way we work etc.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Well, with a combination of injuries and f**k all in terms of signings, we'll maybe see if one or two others are ready to "sink or swim" like Scott McKenna did.
    The likes of Lewis Ferguson, Dean Campbell, Scott Wright and Frank Ross may get more time than we (and they) thought a few weeks ago?
    I'm all for younger boys getting their chance, but hopefully we see some good signings asap.
    I hope the young lads do get a chance, it's a good way to get additional revenue if they come good, we could really cash in on McKenna if we ever want to. My only concern is that they need consistent gametime, and McInnes historically doesn't really do that - he will give the odd start and 20 mins from the bench and if you don't hit the ground running, you are done! Same with the fans in that regard to be honest as well....

One example I always think of is we got rid of Shankland too quickly, even if we'd loaned him out and kept him on our books, i'd have prepared the laddie to the likes of Maynard!

I hope the young lads do get a chance, it's a good way to get additional revenue if they come good, we could really cash in on McKenna if we ever want to. My only concern is that they need consistent gametime, and McInnes historically doesn't really do that - he will give the odd start and 20 mins from the bench and if you don't hit the ground running, you are done! Same with the fans in that regard to be honest as well....

One example I always think of is we got rid of Shankland too quickly, even if we'd loaned him out and kept him on our books, i'd have prepared the laddie to the likes of Maynard!
    Lawrence Shankland was never going to be good enough.
    He's found his level - top League 1/bottom Championship.
    I'd have been happier with Bill Maynard then Nicky Maynard.

Page 267 of 530 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367 ... LastLast