+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 269 of 530 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast
Results 2,681 to 2,690 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    I'll always disagree. Some players develop at different rates to others. He was 1 in 3 at St Mirren in first season, not that bad. Second season he did struggle with them on loan. Great last season albeit in League 1, but if he does it again this season in Championship then we may have missed a trick.

Last summer we were saying the same about McKenna.
    Totally agree, as i said before BOTH Cammy Smith and Laurence Shankland could easily have been kept on. Decent enough players who weren't bad for us, just needed more time in my opinion for being so young. Would have filled boots in these times. Defanitly think Shankland was/is better than the likes of Maynard for example, but the youngster gets punted!?

Another summer of scrambling around to get what we can, and that's with more investment from Aberdna

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Caat's View Post
    Totally agree, as i said before BOTH Cammy Smith and Laurence Shankland could easily have been kept on. Decent enough players who weren't bad for us, just needed more time in my opinion for being so young. Would have filled boots in these times. Defanitly think Shankland was/is better than the likes of Maynard for example, but the youngster gets punted!?

Another summer of scrambling around to get what we can, and that's with more investment from Aberdna

Yep, if McKenna had played in 2014 for us, he'd have been called "not good enough" because at that point he wasn't. Last summer he was projected to be punted by the majority of fans especially after being benched while on loan. Shankland wasn't ready for us when he got the chance in 2014/15 but he's gone away and now is a far better striker. It would not have hurt us to keep him on and loaned him to Ayr, but as is typical, you only get a few chances off the bench and the odd loan and then that's you punted. Agree on Cammy Smith also, i'd have both in our squad now quite happily, Not saying Shankland would outscore Rooney, but we've had diddies like Josh Parker and Nicky Maynard who probably got paid far more, to me keeping the young lad and giving him a chance to come good would have made far more sense.

I've absolutely no idea how anyone can form an opinion of Maynard given that he made 4 starts and 21 sub appearances totalling about 210 minutes in a whole season.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    I've absolutely no idea how anyone can form an opinion of Maynard given that he made 4 starts and 21 sub appearances totalling about 210 minutes in a whole season.
    Surely that is exactly why people can have an opinion!

Good subs change games, he never showed signs of changing anything...

I know what you mean since 2012 he’s scored loads of goal about 16 in 130 games exactly the type of record which deserves game time
    Last edited by Basingstokered; 16-07-2018 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    I know what you mean since 2012 he’s scored loads of goal about 16 in 130 games exactly the type of record which deserves game time
    Who is your favourite Dons player over the last 6 years ?

I can’t for the life of me understand why we got rid of Fergus Tiernan and Scott Michie,they could still be better squad fillers than Nicky Maynard and Josh Parker.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    Who is your favourite Dons player over the last 6 years ?
    It would have to be Barry robson a proper man no one ever bullied Barry on the park we’ve got far to many nice people

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I can’t for the life of me understand why we got rid of Fergus Tiernan and Scott Michie,they could still be better squad fillers than Nicky Maynard and Josh Parker.
    It's these kind of ridiculous extremes that makes footballing discussion so difficult on here. I'd say most would see that Cammy Smith and Laurence Shankland are better than the 2 you mention. Entitled to my opinion that I think we should have kept them, and understand many may not have. Time will tell how the lads do in their careers.

He started the first game at Pitodrie last season and I had formed an opinion by half time.

I'm quite prepared to give someone a fair chance but I know a cheat when I see one.
    The biggest surprise was that he came back out for the second half and ever got to put on a red jersey again.

Page 269 of 530 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369 ... LastLast