+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 295 of 530 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Ball's a good option in defensive mid - not his fault DM wants him to be the square peg in a round hole covering for Logan at right back. If we got his aggression in there recycling the ball and Shinnie back to left back we'd play much more / better football IMO.

Let's hope Moult, Hayes & Christie follow him in the door today.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    A team like Aberdeen would not be prepared to pay upward of 200 k for a player like Ferguson if he was not going to be a regular in the first team who do you expect us to sign for the midfield ?you say you don't know how Gleeson and Forrester will be. Well why don't you wait and see them before your stupid sweeping judgements on recruitment.
    Where have I made any judgement on recruitment. I made a point that we had a reasonably settled midfield with Jack, McLean, Christie and Shinnie being key components over the last 2 seasons. If Shinnie is at LB then that is changed completely in a short space of time which can be disruptive and may not be as good as previous seasons.

So no it's not a stupid judgement, its a balanced version of events. We've went from a midfield that got us 2nd and to cup semi's/finals to one that we know nothing about.

I'm wondering if the Dons realised it may be upwards of 200K for Ferguson when they took him (hence the argument from the Dons that he isn't...) - I'd be very surprised if he started regularly due to age and how McInnes normally is with youth but never know.

Quote Originally Posted by redyeti View Post
    Ball's a good option in defensive mid - not his fault DM wants him to be the square peg in a round hole covering for Logan at right back. If we got his aggression in there recycling the ball and Shinnie back to left back we'd play much more / better football IMO.

Let's hope Moult, Hayes & Christie follow him in the door today.

As already said with Ball being 22 he still has time to learn, he will know what is expected from him and should settle in quickly from his time here last year. Lets hope he surprises everyone and puts in a good solid shift each week. He may well become a signing next year if it all goes well. Hayes had a sh1t3 first season after all.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    As already said with Ball being 22 he still has time to learn, he will know what is expected from him and should settle in quickly from his time here last year. Lets hope he surprises everyone and puts in a good solid shift each week. He may well become a signing next year if it all goes well. Hayes had a sh1t3 first season after all.
    Holy sh!t, I actually didn't realise he was only 22. The c*nt must have had a hard paper round, as I honestly thought he was nearer 30. Obviously still a young loon learning his trade...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Welcome back Dom Ball. A decent player to be fair. If played in the correct position which Mcinnes can't be trusted with.
    Agreed - The post split Dom Ball, played in that defensive midfield slot is a good addition that I welcome back.

However, that is heavily caveated with my concerns about our esteemed leaders intentions.

IF, we sign a right back, then play Ball or Gleeson (assuming fit) with Shinnie in the first 3 league games, then all good.

Ideally I’d play Ball and Gleeson in DM and Shinnie at LB along with the new RB in tfhose 3 games - but that’s just pure fantasy thinking with Del in charge.

Similarly, Logan at RB vs Burnley with Ball or Gleeson in DM along with Shinnie (again prefer him at LB but same as above nae gonna happen) then again all ok.

If I see Dom Ball line up vs Sevco at RB with Considine at LB I think I’ll just bide hame that day and draw the curtains cause we’ll get pumped. Will be seriously unhappy with that setup - sadly knowing our manager I think it’s more than likely to happen that way 😔

Over to you Del.

Oh and to those on here that are constantly accusing folk of “pant pishing”, just knock it off eh!

Expressing concern and unhappiness about the current situation, ONE WEEK from our first competitive game is perfectly valid and justified so just drop the pant pishing accusations stuff as it’s just pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Expressing concern and unhappiness about the current situation, ONE WEEK from our first competitive game is perfectly valid and justified so just drop the pant pishing accusations stuff as it’s just pathetic.
    Exactly.

Thats the Rooney departure official now

https://www.afc.co.uk/2018/07/19/ada...rts-pittodrie/

Rooney confirmed to salford. 😠

Very sad to see Rooney leave. Fantastic servant during his time at the club and a void we won't easily fill.
    Best of luck to him at Salford.

Page 295 of 530 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast