+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 317 of 530 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,170 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Completely agree.
    The manager knows the squad is threadbare.
    Bare minimum needed is:

Back up keeper
    Right sided defender - if he can play both right back & centre half, fine.
    Right winger.
    Striker.
    I would agree with that... although if we are able to recall Rogers with immediate effect whenever needed, I would ditch the idea of a back up keeper and save some cash.

I'd prefer a winger who can operate on both sides for a bit of flexibility - I imagine McGinn will be more consistent than GMS over the course of the season, so better if the winger coming in can cover both sides in event of injuries and loss of form. I still believe Wright has something to offer there, he has a pace and directness about him that will cause a lot of defences problems. He just needs to toughen up a bit and improve his decision making and he could save us a fair bit of money in the transfer market.

I would've said CM as well but I think the young lads Ferguson and Campbell can provide cover for Shinnie and Gleeson as they both look like good prospects.

Striker is ***** - Cosgrove will have his uses I'm sure, but I'm not convinced May will ever get back to his old self and I'm pretty sure Bruce Anderson isn't quite ready to step up - get him out on loan to gain some more experience I think. We need an all rounder who can score goals - Louis Moult would likely be the ideal signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I would agree with that... although if we are able to recall Rogers with immediate effect whenever needed, I would ditch the idea of a back up keeper and save some cash.

I'd prefer a winger who can operate on both sides for a bit of flexibility - I imagine McGinn will be more consistent than GMS over the course of the season, so better if the winger coming in can cover both sides in event of injuries and loss of form. I still believe Wright has something to offer there, he has a pace and directness about him that will cause a lot of defences problems. He just needs to toughen up a bit and improve his decision making and he could save us a fair bit of money in the transfer market.

I would've said CM as well but I think the young lads Ferguson and Campbell can provide cover for Shinnie and Gleeson as they both look like good prospects.

Striker is ***** - Cosgrove will have his uses I'm sure, but I'm not convinced May will ever get back to his old self and I'm pretty sure Bruce Anderson isn't quite ready to step up - get him out on loan to gain some more experience I think. We need an all rounder who can score goals - Louis Moult would likely be the ideal signing.
    Agree with the majority of that.
    Think we’re ok in midfield for the “2” in a 4-2-3-1.
    We have Gleeson,Shinnie, Ferguson, Campbell & Ball.
    I’d far rather Ferguson & Campbell got game time than some nomark benchwarmer from MK Dons etc.

Definitely need a wide player but I’d say a right winger.
    GMS & Wright prefer the left, McGinn the right, so I’d say a right winger.
    I have to say, I’m not sure Scott Wright is quite good enough. Seems to be in too much of a rush? Decision making is poor.
    He’s a confidence player. If he plays well in the first 10 he’s good, if he doesn’t he’s ineffective.
    So a fast right winger for me.

Up front, we absolutely need a good striker. As you say Moult would be ideal, but I don’t see it happening.
    May is done IMO.
    I think we’ll be looking to cut our losses next summer.

Defensively, we are also at least one short & in an ideal world we’d get two in now that Reynolds seems to be out long-term. Definitely a right sided defender. A right sided Considine that cover RB & CB.

Agree with your keeper comments, although we run the risk of having to play Craddock during a big match potentially if Lewis went off after 10 minutes or whenever.

Louis Moult unlikely to happen.
    He’s starting for Preston against West Ham today.

Agree with the majority of that.
    Think we’re ok in midfield for the “2” in a 4-2-3-1.
    We have Gleeson,Shinnie, Ferguson, Campbell & Ball.
    I’d far rather Ferguson & Campbell got game time than some nomark benchwarmer from MK Dons etc.

Definitely need a wide player but I’d say a right winger.
    GMS & Wright prefer the left, McGinn the right, so I’d say a right winger.
    I have to say, I’m not sure Scott Wright is quite good enough. Seems to be in too much of a rush? Decision making is poor.
    He’s a confidence player. If he plays well in the first 10 he’s good, if he doesn’t he’s ineffective.
    So a fast right winger for me.

Up front, we absolutely need a good striker. As you say Moult would be ideal, but I don’t see it happening.
    May is done IMO.
    I think we’ll be looking to cut our losses next summer.

Defensively, we are also at least one short & in an ideal world we’d get two in now that Reynolds seems to be out long-term. Definitely a right sided defender. A right sided Considine that cover RB & CB.

Agree with your keeper comments, although we run the risk of having to play Craddock during a big match potentially if Lewis went off after 10 minutes or whenever.
    I like Wright but you are right about his decision making. He was caught far too easily last year in Europe then he was well out of favour.

Wright is still young so he could still end up being a good player for us.

I’ve said it before that putting him out on loan would do him the world of good.

Louis Moult unlikely to happen.
    He’s starting for Preston against West Ham today.
    I was looking at the Preston forum to see what they think of Moult,most of them think he is shyte but some of them think Alex Neil doesn’t set up the team to play to his strengths,he tries to use him as a target man who holds the ball up which isn’t the sort of player he is apparently.

As pysh as May was last year and you could be right about him not being the same player after his injury,I think it could also be that McInnes doesn’t set up the team to play to his strengths.

I’m pretty sure if he was given opportunities he would still be able to put the ball into the back of the net.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Wright is still young so he could still end up being a good player for us.

I’ve said it before that putting him out on loan would do him the world of good.
    Not a bad idea, but I’d then be looking to take in two wingers, one for each side.
    A year at somewhere like Partick or Ross County would do him good.

Wright definitely needs toughened up. He is fast and direct and fairly brave for a winger, but does need game time. TBF, he was playing on the right last night and he is a left winger. A season down a Partick, which is a ground he likes, would do him the power of good.
    Hopefully GMS kicks on this season and McGinn gets back to his old self. Wright would not currently be able to dislodge those two if they were on form.
    However, right now whilst we are in Europe and lacking in squad numbers, we need to keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I was looking at the Preston forum to see what they think of Moult,most of them think he is shyte but some of them think Alex Neil doesn’t set up the team to play to his strengths,he tries to use him as a target man who holds the ball up which isn’t the sort of player he is apparently.

As pysh as May was last year and you could be right about him not being the same player after his injury,I think it could also be that McInnes doesn’t set up the team to play to his strengths.

I’m pretty sure if he was given opportunities he would still be able to put the ball into the back of the net.
    It might be dependant on who else they have up front, or who they plan to bring in.
    Of that I’ll admit I’ve no clue.
    It’s probably very insignificant, but they’ve given him the no9 jersey this year.
    I just don’t see it happening though.
    Hope I’m wrong though as I liked him at Motherwell.

It might be dependant on who else they have up front, or who they plan to bring in.
    Of that I’ll admit I’ve no clue.
    It’s probably very insignificant, but they’ve given him the no9 jersey this year.
    I just don’t see it happening though.
    Hope I’m wrong though as I liked him at Motherwell.
    No9 jersey?!?! Maybe they are selling him then like we did to ours 😏😞😒

Page 317 of 530 FirstFirst ... 217267307315316317318319327367417 ... LastLast