+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 325 of 530 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,250 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Without that a'rsehole McLean poncing around in midfield?
    Someone who's capable of playing the simple ball through to the intelligent run?

30 goals, nae bother.
    Stevie May was getting into some decent positions last season, making some good runs and dragging defenders with him, but a lot of the time the ball would be played out wide and by time it was crossed the defence were normally ready for it. A more direct approach might be the way to go if May is upfront alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ten Caat's View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=517_q7dvfbQ

Play from 2:40 mins, Decent goal from Greg stewart! Only under 23's mind you. I liked Greg, if he was 100% fit I think he would have done a job for AFC
    He had all season to get fit. Waste of a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I think you’ve covered the cons in this situation.
    Is it possible to consider the pro’s for this situation?
    Let me think how this could possibly benefit Aberdeen in a playing sense and not just to improve the bank balance.
    Letting your understudy goalkeeper leave to a rival in the same league for a years loan is laughable when we don’t have a replacement for him as such.
    Letting the clubs top striker leave when we really didn’t need to is absolute stupidity and even worse when we don’t have his replacement on board.
    Aberdeen FC have a lot to answer for during this transfer window, but at the current moment and only days away from possibly the biggest match of the season we didn’t give ourselves the best opportunity to succeed.
    Butter it up anyway you like but our squad is weaker than last season whilst rivals have tried to step up a gear...that is definitely worrying!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    He had all season to get fit. Waste of a shirt.
    I agree.
    How long can it take to shed weight & get fit if you’re training every day.

I would still say Stewart was more impressive last season than Dominic Ball was and some folk are very excited he signed again.

If Stewart signs again I would be ok with it.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I agree.
    How long can it take to shed weight & get fit if you’re training every day.
    I get the impression Stewart is lazy at training. A modern day professional looks after themselves (diets, fitness levels etc) but Stewart lets himself down by not being professional enough. A shame as the lad has talent.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I would still say Stewart was more impressive last season than Dominic Ball was and some folk are very excited he signed again.

I’ve not seen or heard anyone “very excited” about Dom Ball re-signing.
    Some are critical, some are apathetic & some see it a “sensible” as he’s a squad filler that can cover a couple of positions.

Stewart did very little to warrant taking up £2500 or whatever of the first team weekly budget.
    Did he score a domestic goal? 1 maybe?
    Not that many assists either.
    A shadow of the player that was at Dundee.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Let me think how this could possibly benefit Aberdeen in a playing sense and not just to improve the bank balance.
    Letting your understudy goalkeeper leave to a rival in the same league for a years loan is laughable when we don’t have a replacement for him as such.
    Letting the clubs top striker leave when we really didn’t need to is absolute stupidity and even worse when we don’t have his replacement on board.
    Aberdeen FC have a lot to answer for during this transfer window, but at the current moment and only days away from possibly the biggest match of the season we didn’t give ourselves the best opportunity to succeed.
    Butter it up anyway you like but our squad is weaker than last season whilst rivals have tried to step up a gear...that is definitely worrying!
    Complete fail to try and see some positives.
    Others have already pointed them out for you, so no need to try.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post

I thought Stewart played very well, often playing between the lines and offering himself for balls he quite often didn’t get.
    I think we could have benefited more if he got the ball as he very rarely gave it away.
    The problem is, where to play him.
    Not fast enough for the wings, probably best in the hole, but likely Forrester will be there.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ve not seen or heard anyone “very excited” about Dom Ball re-signing.
    Some are critical, some are apathetic & some see it a “sensible” as he’s a squad filler that can cover a couple of positions.
    Probably Rotherham fans very excited about us taking him on loan meaning they won’t have to put up with his play this season.

Page 325 of 530 FirstFirst ... 225275315323324325326327335375425 ... LastLast