+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 328 of 530 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,280 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    I hardly think it's been proven as bull.

I'm confident McInnes and the club do work transfer windows in advance they will know what players are coming out of contract and what players interest them. They'll identify these players and monitor their situation.

Sadly as proven by Salford City we can't compete financially with most English league (and non league now) clubs and players take the money in a lower English league than lesser terms/money on offer at Aberdeen.

It's not a case of not identifying players it's a case of persuading them that Aberdeen is the correct career move and earn money in their next move.
    You’d think with it being fairly apparent that we can’t compete with wages in lower English leagues that with a couple of windows in advance we’d identified a more realistic and lucrative market area.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I don`t believe that. 300k ? No chance. What`s the source ?
    Irish sun

Quote Originally Posted by vinnydesalvo View Post
    You’d think with it being fairly apparent that we can’t compete with wages in lower English leagues that with a couple of windows in advance we’d identified a more realistic and lucrative market area.
    We pick up sh@te from England

Try Scandinavia or Austria or Czech Republic or something. There are some cracking players kicking about. Get the scouts on a f@cking plane

You'd like to think, richest leagues in the world and all that. Instead some scorn the foreign market yet we have two foreigners on trial, one of which was a hearts reject.

Scouting isn't expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    We pick up sh@te from England

Try Scandinavia or Austria or Czech Republic or something. There are some cracking players kicking about. Get the scouts on a f@cking plane
    The AberDNA money will part go towards expanding the scouting, which I think is a great idea.
    Holland has been mentioned to me.
    Lon-term, expanding the scouting is one of the best uses of the DNA money I'd say.

Nope. It's really only now where reality has struck in relation to the Vauxhall Conference league, league 2 etc.

As McInnes said the scouting was that bad when he took over he had to make a choice to concentrate on the English/British market. He's hopeful of expanding that now.

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Nope. It's really only now where reality has struck in relation to the Vauxhall Conference league, league 2 etc.

As McInnes said the scouting was that bad when he took over he had to make a choice to concentrate on the English/British market. He's hopeful of expanding that now.
    So scouting was bad when he took over and 5 years on its still atrocious nice one del way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    I don`t believe that. 300k ? No chance. What`s the source ?
    Neither do I. He isn’t worth 300 quid never mind 300 thousand.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    You'd like to think, richest leagues in the world and all that. Instead some scorn the foreign market yet we have two foreigners on trial, one of which was a hearts reject.

Scouting isn't expensive.
    I'm being fat too simplistic I know, but paying two scouts £65k per annum each is the equivalent of paying a journeyman like O'Connor £2500 per week.

Have one deployed in Scandinavia and the other wherever, Holland/Belgium, wherever.

Is that far too simple?

£300k in Norway/Sweden would go far further than League One in England I'd think

I'm not suggesting we move away from the British/Irish core, just perhaps add one or two Europeans, who will probably be cheaper, in fee and wages?

I better not say much negative don't want to be pounced on from the usual happy squad! But if this edin doyle rumour is true then that's utter *******s!

Page 328 of 530 FirstFirst ... 228278318326327328329330338378428 ... LastLast