+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 329 of 530 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I'm being fat too simplistic I know, but paying two scouts £65k per annum each is the equivalent of paying a journeyman like O'Connor £2500 per week.

Have one deployed in Scandinavia and the other wherever, Holland/Belgium, wherever.

Is that far too simple?

£300k in Norway/Sweden would go far further than League One in England I'd think

I'm not suggesting we move away from the British/Irish core, just perhaps add one or two Europeans, who will probably be cheaper, in fee and wages?
    The two scouts I know are self employed, one is an ex footballer. They work for whoever wants them to do something. Usually work for the same people though and the money isn't great.

We've known for years we can't compete down south so why we are soley concentrating on there is pretty mental. Everyone and their dug knows that.

Seems a little bit lazy.

300k for 30 year old fae Oldham jesus H Christ 😑🔫

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    So scouting was bad when he took over and 5 years on its still atrocious nice one del way to go.
    Nope.

Next.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros39 View Post
    I better not say much negative don't want to be pounced on from the usual happy squad! But if this edin doyle rumour is true then that's utter *******s!
    I suppose it’s just a rumour and hopefully just that and nothing else.
    I despair at the thought of these imbecile scouts we currently employ.
    The scouting system needs revamping urgently as we are struggling to even attracting players who are close to home.
    The English market is far too expensive, time to move on and try something different.

Delighted we've missed out on Doyle.
    At 30 years old, £300k and a substantial salary he'd represent a poor investment.

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Delighted we've missed out on Doyle.
    At 30 years old, £300k and a substantial salary he'd represent a poor investment.
    Agreed....but my question is who's below him on our list?....

In two windows time it'll be Roooooooney.

Who isn't good enough for us because he only scores goals.

Ooooh Derek Mcinnes!

Just saw the same Doyle story on Twitter but it was Peterborough and not us. Sounds like they're just trying to get his name out there....

How about paying BT Sport/Sky Sports/football database subscription and some beer money for a few die-hards - each to focus on different league/country. Club submits a basic structure for each report that the tv scouts comply with.

Head of scouting operations oversees player scout reports and compiles a brief video compilation with links provided. Manager looks at the whittled down players of interest and couple of match attending scouts are despatched having checked with players agent to see if he’d be interested. The field scouts get posted to two or three games in relative proximate area each week and manager gets dossier to see if there’s anything doing.

Chances are we could maybe improve upon recruiting on Bosman and have a few others to deal in early window nice and early for brief Euro campaign and at least squad has had a good chance to familiarise before humping likes of Sevco on day one.

Russ can take all of July and August to pass the manager his list of great loan players so as to make transfer deadline day exciting for the rest of us that are usually left hitting refresh button until the wee hours waiting for the big news.

Not exactly far fetched and pretty much thinking a batch of realistic decent players could have been sounded out well before an interest in the likes of eion flucking Doyle.

Can’t be that hard, shirley?

Bugsy English National League - I’m sure I’d identify a Bisconti/Richardson there. Generous beer money required though.
    Last edited by vinnydesalvo; 24-07-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Who said we were ever in for him? Bit like McQueen. Paper talk.

Page 329 of 530 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429 ... LastLast