+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 330 of 530 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast
Results 3,291 to 3,300 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 87kilos View Post
    Who said we were ever in for him? Bit like McQueen. Paper talk.
    It's paper talk if it doesn't suit.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGhostofMicoud View Post
    Does our scouting not go past the North West of England???
    Forrester signed from Peterborough, as remote from NW England as Glasgow is from AB24, and is only 90 miles north of London.

Gleeson? Ipswich, min. Nearly in Holland, another 90 miles along the A14 from Peterborough.

Ball's on loan from Rotherham, and if you tell onybody from South Yorkshire that they're in NW England, you'd get a skelp in the lug.

I ken First and Souter are desperate for bus drivers, but I think you'd even fail the entrance exam there.

its a lovely idea Vinny, but the problem is trust.

The vast majority of football fans, i'm afraid, are completely ignorant about the game. They can chat a bit, but actually all the do is parrot views they hear or read. 5 mins in any stadium or any pub watching a game will show you this. Whether they are that much different from many of the 'professional' scouts and other freelance people is up for debate (lets face it, the vast majority of pundits have no clue about football and just talk ****e during games, so why would football staff be any different?) , but again the key is trust. Football is a closed shop where the majority of jobs are who, and not what you know, is is certainly nowhere near a meritocracy. Maybe someone would try it and the ever increasing reliance on 'stats' in football and the availability of these and live games makes it more interesting and potentially likely.

However i reckon most clubs would just see it as another way of heading off on wild goose chases and wouldn't want to gamble the money when they feel they know better (i am not in any way saying they do, but clubs do think they know better)

Quote Originally Posted by magictorch View Post
    Delighted we've missed out on Doyle.
    At 30 years old, £300k and a substantial salary he'd represent a poor investment.
    ditto, this would have been a horrendous deal an i really hope it was just the usual media numpties putting 2 and 2 together and getting bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    So scouting was bad when he took over and 5 years on its still atrocious nice one del way to go.
    i don't get why we don't seem to be picking up players from a wider net than we do. Fair enough Derek likes uk based players because he feels he can trust that they are in tune for being able to play right from the start, however there seems no reason to me why we are not bringing in younger players from abroad. Maybe they look at the club, lack of facilities etc and go, nah your alright thanks, and hopefully the new facilities might sort this, but other lower Scottish clubs have had success bringing in players from outside the uk, and i think we should be as well (provided they are players that have significant sell on chances, no journeyman hun style crap thanks)

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Forrester signed from Peterborough, as remote from NW England as Glasgow is from AB24, and is only 90 miles north of London.

Gleeson? Ipswich, min. Nearly in Holland, another 90 miles along the A14 from Peterborough.

Ball's on loan from Rotherham, and if you tell onybody from South Yorkshire that they're in NW England, you'd get a skelp in the lug.

I ken First and Souter are desperate for bus drivers, but I think you'd even fail the entrance exam there.
    I was speaking in terms of recent rumours but nice comedy attempt up there with most of the posters here....

Another week slipping by and not a sniff of any movement in the market. I'm assuming Novak isn't going to be kept as he's been on trial for a few weeks and played in a couple of games - if he was getting signed I'd have thought they'd have done it by now.

A decent signing would give everyone a huge lift before the opening games. Pretty depressing at the moment, even for those of us who are normally fairly balanced!

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    Another week slipping by and not a sniff of any movement in the market. I'm assuming Novak isn't going to be kept as he's been on trial for a few weeks and played in a couple of games - if he was getting signed I'd have thought they'd have done it by now.

A decent signing would give everyone a huge lift before the opening games. Pretty depressing at the moment, even for those of us who are normally fairly balanced!
    I seriously hope we're not thinking of offering Nowak any kind of contract
    Couldn't get in a sh1te Hearts team
    Would underline the desperation of where we're at in terms of our "targets"
    would actually be a joke if he was signed

killing any lingering speculation about Moult dead ....

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/...deen-1-9267062

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    killing any lingering speculation about Moult dead ....

http://www.lep.co.uk/sport/football/...deen-1-9267062
    The article is interesting as it doesn't completely rule out a loan. It says that there has been no contact about a loan from Aberdeen. Maybe just a tiny glimmer of hope of some kind of loan deal?

Page 330 of 530 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380430 ... LastLast