+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 370 of 530 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,700 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think McKenna will be gone after the scum game.
    I’d imagine DM will already be thinking of a replacement.
    My fear is Milne rolling over & accepting £3m or the likes.
    £3m “dwarfs” £2m in his Alford head.
    We have to be realistic.
    We’re not going to get £8-£10m.
    Players from Scottish clubs who don’t play for Celtic & in the Champions League just don’t. Fact.
    Realistically, £5m with add ons for promotion to the EPL, number of games, & a 20% sell on clause will be best we’ll get.
    At least £4m of that will go to Kingsford.
    Co-incidentally £4m is the shortfall in the training complex.

I agree with the strategy of selling on young players for huge fees every couple of years.
    As long as we negotiate hard like Rod Petrie does.
    We’ve never really done that IMO.
    I'd rather keep him for this season at least, & help improve the team. We will benefit by strength of team ,As well as more publicity for him if he continues improving. The more teams coming in for him will up the transfer fee.

But I've no confidence in Milnes reasoning either

Sunderland paid £9million for Gordon in 2007.

We need to lose this idea that we can't hold out for a big fee because teams won't pay that for a Scottish player. It's only relevant if we cave to the first offer. Lower league English players have been selling for silly fees for several years now.

Our bargaining power is not based on who we are as a club and we are not under pressure to sell our most prized asset. The fee is based on what McKenna is worth to the buyers which informs what they are prepared to pay. If he was a highly rated EPL defender he would be worth much more than £10million...£20-30million is nothing for a proven player these days.

If they think McKenna is the real deal and he's not just a speculative signing then we should hold out for the going rate. Ideally we should be going into negotiations with more than one club interested.

I don't know if we'll get £10million but I will certainly be disappointed with anything less than £5million and a sell on clause.

Stewart is not a winger in a million years. If McInnes is going to sign him to play on the wing then I agree he shouldn't bother. I saw enough to suggest that he has something to offer if played as an inside forward as he was at Dundee.

It should be £15 million
    It better be at least £10 million

It will actually be...............undisclosed fee

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I think McKenna will be gone after the scum game.
    I’d imagine DM will already be thinking of a replacement.
    My fear is Milne rolling over & accepting £3m or the likes.
    £3m “dwarfs” £2m in his Alford head.
    We have to be realistic.
    We’re not going to get £8-£10m.
    Players from Scottish clubs who don’t play for Celtic & in the Champions League just don’t. Fact.
    Realistically, £5m with add ons for promotion to the EPL, number of games, & a 20% sell on clause will be best we’ll get.
    At least £4m of that will go to Kingsford.
    Co-incidentally £4m is the shortfall in the training complex.

I agree with the strategy of selling on young players for huge fees every couple of years.
    As long as we negotiate hard like Rod Petrie does.
    We’ve never really done that IMO.

I'd like to think we'll get £5 with add ons. It's a tricky one. He's had one great season... if it turns out to be a one off, he might be worth very little come the end of this season so we're better taking £4-5m now. If he does go on to become an established EPL player in the future, the sell on clauses and promotion clauses could net us plenty more. As much as I'd love him to stay, I'd probably take £5m for him just now (even though in the crazy English market he's probably worth more).

I can't think of too many examples of players who've gone south for big money outside of Celtic in recent years - Craig Gordon was about £10m from Hearts though... and did Steven Fletcher not go south for a fair chunk from Hibs? McFadden from Motherwell was only a couple of million I think.

I'd guess a fair wedge of the money would go towards the new training facility etc, which is ok if it helps develop future talent like him. The problem with having say £2m to spend on players is that you then have to restructure the whole wage structure if you're bringing someone in for £1m. It's not as easy as just having money and going out and spending it. I think we should take £1m of the potential sale and use it to pick out 4 or 5 promising young Scottish players to sign - in the way we did with McLean and Shinnie previously... and Ferguson this season. We should be snapping up guys similar to Lewis Morgan, Ryan Christie, Jack Hendry, Leigh Griffiths etc when they move from smaller clubs, rather than seeing them go to Celtic. Better value for money than scraping around the English leagues, and greater potential for developing the player and selling them on for more.

I think people are delusional if they think Swansea or any other club will pay £10 million for McKenna. The club was only attempting to send a message that they won't be easy to deal with...

If we get anything between £2.5-3 million with perhaps a cut of any future sale then we'll be doing well...This time last year the player was thinking of going out on loan again to the lower Scottish leagues...you don't go from that to £10 million in 12 months...

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

It will actually be...............undisclosed fee
    You f@cking know it will.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    I think people are delusional if they think Swansea or any other club will pay £10 million for McKenna. The club was only attempting to send a message that they won't be easy to deal with...

If we get anything between £2.5-3 million with perhaps a cut of any future sale then we'll be doing well...This time last year the player was thinking of going out on loan again to the lower Scottish leagues...you don't go from that to £10 million in 12 months...

You don't go from that to being Scotland captain in 12 months either.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    You f@cking know it will.
    Stick on

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Stick on
    One to hide the paltry amount Milne accepts.

Two to hide how much Milne will transfer to the Krapshack fund

Page 370 of 530 FirstFirst ... 270320360368369370371372380420470 ... LastLast