+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 373 of 530 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,730 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by RedLineRed View Post
    I don’t understand why people think we can’t get £10M for him. Dutch, Portuguese teams etc. seem to get hefty enough fees from the Money League for young unproven players. McKenna is young, improving all the time, has captained club & country and is on a 5 year deal. Presumably we don’t want to sell him either so I’d say if an English club want him then £10M is the min fee, even then we should have a sell-on clause included.

Hibs are holding out for £4M for a guy with 1 year left on his contract.
    If Wikipedia is right (and I've every reason to doubt it ), then our record outgoing transfer is £1.75 million for Jess in the 1990s. You can go back to 1980 and find one of our record outgoing transfers in the (rather irritating) shape of Stevie Archibald at just over a million (I think)...ok the market has changed even since the Jess transfer and there has been a dearth of talent down Pittodrie way for many years, but do you really think, that we're suddenly going to break our outgoing transfer record by ten times for a lad that's played less than 50 times for the first team?

I don't think it's going to happen and I don't think you should be too disappointed if it doesn't...even to take in £2.5-£3 million and a cut in future sales, imo, is a good bit of business for us...if they want to take a chance and hold on for a year and see if his value has increased any then I will be delighted with that too...

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post
    If Wikipedia is right (and I've every reason to doubt it ), then our record outgoing transfer is £1.75 million for Jess in the 1990s. You can go back to 1980 and find one of our record outgoing transfers in the (rather irritating) shape of Stevie Archibald at just over a million (I think)...ok the market has changed even since the Jess transfer and there has been a dearth of talent down Pittodrie way for many years, but do you really think, that we're suddenly going to break our outgoing transfer record by ten times for a lad that's played less than 50 times for the first team?

I don't think it's going to happen and I don't think you should be too disappointed if it doesn't...even to take in £2.5-£3 million and a cut in future sales, imo, is a good bit of business for us...if they want to take a chance and hold on for a year and see if his value has increased any then I will be delighted with that too...
    We should definitely be expecting more than £2.5 - £3 million plus add ons.
    I’d realistically expect about £5 million with the add ons.

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Adam Rooney
    Good point, but we know roughly how much he went for and when deducted we should be able to work it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Well that didn’t take long
    You’ve been itching to try and bait me again haven’t you?
    Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by BogBrush1903 View Post

Well I’m glad you’re not negotiating any deal on behalf of the club! Ach well we’re just a sh*te wee club in a backwater league, I guess we’ll accept £3m..no?...£2m? Please?

I don’t understand why our inability to produce players that other clubs want for the past 20 years has anything to do with how much we receive for McKenna. Hibs and Hearts have received bigger transfer fees during that time do it can be done.

If it is £2-3m I reckon we’re better holding on to him for another season.

£4-5m, plus promotion add on, plus 20% of ALL (not just next) future transfer fees, plus loan him back to us for this season.

If he stays, and progresses, then we might be in a position to get more come January or next summer.

I'm more interested in who this new striker is going to be though, seeing as Derek has said he hopes to have one in by Sunday... I would imagine they might want to announce him prior to tomorrow night's game to give us a wee boost, even if he can't play. I've actually got absolutely no idea who it will be... doesn't seem to be anything to suggest it's Moult, or that Marquis chap - seems to have gone quite on all the guys we've been linked with over the summer, except Stewart (for what it's worth I think he'd be fine in the no10 role, but not much use out wide where we really need pace to get us up the park - McGinn and GMS were great last week - we need another similar player for competition).

Quote Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
    A winning header from him on Thursday will help
    Nah - 40 yard melter or sell him for £50k

Quote Originally Posted by redstarfk View Post
    Adam Rooney
    Exactly, for an undisclosed fee too

Jeezo, I’d love to have to negotiate with a bunch of you on here at my work based on some of the stuff I’m seeing 🤨

We hold ALL the cards re McKenna - every single one - the lad himself isn’t even looking for a move and I doubt sh’ite like Swansea will turn his head much.

Yes it was a B squad in Mexico and Peru, but I guarantee McKenna is Scotland first choice CH now and will be for the next qualifiers and beyond.

Kyle Bartley just moved for £7m. Remember him at the Huns - absolute dogsh’ite.

Nobody is telling me he’s better than McKenna right now - not a fu’ckin chance.

He’s just turned in a great performance vs Burnley. Another tomorrow and we can just keep adding to the fee.

Our biggest problem is if Milne also has the inferiority complex being ably demonstrated on here. He’s hoping not.

£8-£10m absolute minimum plus 20% sell on or he stays. As I said before, the worst that happens is we keep the best young CH in Scotland.

The best thing would be if we sold him to one of the bigger clubs who didn't need him now.

£10 million and leased back (wages paid) for 1 maybe 2 seasons would be fine by me.

That's a dream scenario through.

How much do they need for this stupid new stadium?

When would they need the instalments paid?

That's most likely to be what their thought processes are?

Page 373 of 530 FirstFirst ... 273323363371372373374375383423473 ... LastLast