Page 38 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Most contracts don't expire until 30 June, as I understand it. Maybe, given our annual early start, 30 May would be preferable, but there's nothing we can do when these are agreed by players and agents at other clubs, considering that so few clubs actually take part in Euro competition, especially at the level wehere we're fishing for players. It may even be an SPFA/PFA agreement or recommendation.
    I get that, but for any player with a contract that expires on 30th June, clubs would have had an ability to discuss from 01st January.
    Agreements could be in place for formal signing on 01st July.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Agreed, and I'd add in any new signings get some time (in my opinion) to settle into the team and our playing system / style.
    Would like to see some more names confirmed as signed as I'm guessing the team comes back for pre-season in two weeks time
    They are fitba players, not part of an Olympic synchronised swimming team......pre season and then boom.....1st game is just as important as the next one.

SF

Agreed, and I'd add in any new signings get some time (in my opinion) to settle into the team and our playing system / style.
    Would like to see some more names confirmed as signed as I'm guessing the team comes back for pre-season in two weeks time
    Many systems and styles to settle into. They will never bed in

But in seriousness thats a poor show. Its almost an excuse incase new playera are sh@te

A good player will fit in

I hope we don't sign Stewart. He is a fat ******* and pish as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Many systems and styles to settle into. They will never bed in

But in seriousness thats a poor show. Its almost an excuse incase new playera are sh@te

A good player will fit in
    Lol, not an excuse at all.
    Like Hayes, improved over time with us and didn’t hit the ground as well as we had hoped for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    They are fitba players, not part of an Olympic synchronised swimming team......pre season and then boom.....1st game is just as important as the next one.

SF
    Totally agree the first game is important, but player relationships does not happen overnight and often take experience of playing together to get better

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I hope we don't sign Stewart. He is a fat basτard and pish as well.
    .... Nae comment ... jist experimentin tae see if the use o' mathematical characters can help us swear properly
    Last edited by NaeMairNeeps; 07-06-2018 at 05:32 PM.

Yasss .... that'll dae, so let me celebrate, on topic, by sayin Milne is a ∮uckin ωank who should be oot on his basτard αrse due tae nae releasin sufficient funds for that cυnt Mcpεnis tae sign onythin better than δhite resultin in a team wi nae bσllσcks.

How long do you recommend we give a player before we can call him sh!t?

Lol, not an excuse at all.
    Like Hayes, improved over time with us and didnít hit the ground as well as we had hoped for.
    Barry Nicholson took a season to settle in as well.

Hopefully we'll see a similar improvement in GMS and May next season.

At least GMS showed signs

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    By the measurement of Hayes, Barry Nic (as is mentioned below) at least a full season.

You can call him sh!t whenever you want.
    Doesn’t mean it’s true or indeed reality, I mean, DonsDaft still thinks McLean was Sh!t and he was one of if not the best player for Aberdeen last season.

You can call him sh!t whenever you want.
    Doesnít mean itís true or indeed reality, I mean, DonsDaft still thinks McLean was Sh!t and he was one of if not the best player for Aberdeen last season.
    He (McLean) came more onto a game once he signed for Norwich so Donsdaft did have a valid point about McLean at previous times. He did go missing in a lot of bigger matches but I honestly thought McInnes made an error by persevering with him in a deep midfield role. McLean is an attacking midfielder as this is where his strengths are.
    So all in all Donsdaft is about right and McInnes is an @rsehole!

He (McLean) came more onto a game once he signed for Norwich so Donsdaft did have a valid point about McLean at previous times. He did go missing in a lot of bigger matches but I honestly thought McInnes made an error by persevering with him in a deep midfield role. McLean is an attacking midfielder as this is where his strengths are.
    So all in all Donsdaft is about right and McInnes is an @rsehole!
    There was always a player in McLean but true, he improved a lot more since the start of the year.
    He seemed more relaxed and secure.
    If there were options given, his range of passing and vision was beautiful to watch.

There was always a player in McLean but true, he improved a lot more since the start of the year.
    He seemed more relaxed and secure.
    If there were options given, his range of passing and vision was beautiful to watch.
    His range of passing often went past the touch line. McLean did play better when he got his dream move to Norwich but just remember this...he won nothing as an Aberdeen player so we have a better chance of replacing him with quality as he was hardly a star player.

His range of passing often went past the touch line. McLean did play better when he got his dream move to Norwich but just remember this...he won nothing as an Aberdeen player so we have a better chance of replacing him with quality as he was hardly a star player.
    This comment makes no sense. Winning trophies is down to the team not one player. Whether he won a trophy or not, he was one of the top players in our team for the last 2-3 years. He played a pivotal role in the side too. He will be by far the most difficult player to replace - there's nobody realistically available in Scotland who we could sign to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    This comment makes no sense. Winning trophies is down to the team not one player. Whether he won a trophy or not, he was one of the top players in our team for the last 2-3 years. He played a pivotal role in the side too. He will be by far the most difficult player to replace - there's nobody realistically available in Scotland who we could sign to replace him.
    He wonít be difficult to replace, its all in the mind. Kenny McLean failed to win a trophy as an Aberdeen player so he wonít be greatly missed. We must do better than him if we are to win trophies. Losing Johnny Hayes was a bigger miss.
    I am not saying McLean was rubbish but I honestly think people are getting a bit far fetched when they rave about McLean. He was absolutely honking recently playing for Scotland against half decent opposition and never tried to take control of situations. A typical Kenny McLean performance as we have often seen when Aberdeen play bigger matches.

He won’t be difficult to replace, its all in the mind. Kenny McLean failed to win a trophy as an Aberdeen player so he won’t be greatly missed. We must do better than him if we are to win trophies. Losing Johnny Hayes was a bigger miss.
    I am not saying McLean was rubbish but I honestly think people are getting a bit far fetched when they rave about McLean. He was absolutely honking recently playing for Scotland against half decent opposition and never tried to take control of situations. A typical Kenny McLean performance as we have often seen when Aberdeen play bigger matches.
    I can honestly say I disagree with you, but hey ho, each to their own opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I agree with you.
    Our hardest task to replace.
    Let’s hope Forrester is that player.

Page 38 of 265 FirstFirst ... 2836373839404888138 ... LastLast