+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 39 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

And Jack wasn't the most popular either!

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We have had a few unpopular captains as well,Foster,Kerr and Whyte spring to mind.
    And Darren Young was so outstandingly popular he didna feature on yer list

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    The Peterborough fans seem to dislike Baldwin. A lot.
    Common theme seems to be he can’t defend, makes too many mistakes.
    Ash Taylor just won Northampton POTY in the same division so you can reach your own conclusion with regards to Baldwin's level.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
    Ash Taylor just won Northampton POTY in the same division so you can reach your own conclusion with regards to Baldwin's level.
    As well as Stockley’s 25 goals this (last) season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    As well as Stockley’s 25 goals this (last) season.
    That was League 2 to be fair?

Quote Originally Posted by NaeMairNeeps View Post
    And Darren Young was so outstandingly popular he didna feature on yer list
    I didn’t actually mind him,he wasn’t the greatest captain but he was a decent player.

A hell of a lot better than his “good to have around the place “ brother.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    We have had a few unpopular captains as well,Foster,Kerr and Whyte spring to mind.
    Fair enough, just keen to read the same as RST

Comments on POSH forum.

Telegraph reports that Aberdeen are interested in Baldwin and Forrester. Surely both are too young to take a step down in football.

Oh please, particularly Baldwin. However I still think that Forrester could get back his mojo and be a force to reckon with.

I get it, giving up professional football at such a young age what a waste, then again they will get to watch European football from the bench.

Re Baldwin:
    I defended him until it became impossible. I know it sounds daft but without his mistakes he'd be a good player.
    Decent in the air, good tackler and whilst his distribution is overall poor recently he reduced his attempts to replicate Beckenbaeur and for the better.

However he does need to go and I think he'll become a good player somewhere else, he has time on his side but must eradicate those avoidable mistakes, being a cracking captain (off the park) and a bloody lovely ol' boy not enough

Less than a year ago, you were telling us Baldwin was the new Bobby Moore. The likes of Ashman could see he was a weekly accident waiting to happen.

Baldwin is ok in the air at this level, is generally a good tackler but is hopeless when it comes to distribution. On top of that he is an accident just waiting to happen and is consistent with this fault.

At the start of the season I felt Baldwin was no better than Santos, Burgess or Brisley, and I saw nothing during the course of the season to change my mind. The concern is that he shows no signs of improvement or development, and continues to make the same mistakes: poor decision-making, poor positional sense, poor execution of tackles and passes.

Quote Originally Posted by deargdearg View Post
    Telegraph reports that Aberdeen are interested in Baldwin and Forrester. Surely both are too young to take a step down in football.

Oh please, particularly Baldwin. However I still think that Forrester could get back his mojo and be a force to reckon with.

I get it, giving up professional football at such a young age what a waste, then again they will get to watch European football from the bench.

Re Baldwin:
    I defended him until it became impossible. I know it sounds daft but without his mistakes he'd be a good player.
    Decent in the air, good tackler and whilst his distribution is overall poor recently he reduced his attempts to replicate Beckenbaeur and for the better.

However he does need to go and I think he'll become a good player somewhere else, he has time on his side but must eradicate those avoidable mistakes, being a cracking captain (off the park) and a bloody lovely ol' boy not enough

Less than a year ago, you were telling us Baldwin was the new Bobby Moore. The likes of Ashman could see he was a weekly accident waiting to happen.

Baldwin is ok in the air at this level, is generally a good tackler but is hopeless when it comes to distribution. On top of that he is an accident just waiting to happen and is consistent with this fault.

At the start of the season I felt Baldwin was no better than Santos, Burgess or Brisley, and I saw nothing during the course of the season to change my mind. The concern is that he shows no signs of improvement or development, and continues to make the same mistakes: poor decision-making, poor positional sense, poor execution of tackles and passes.
    Another ash taylor then?

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Another ash taylor then?
    So we will be signing him then.....

On a side note, Stuart Armstrong sitting outside Malmaison enjoying the sunshine earlier.......

(Lights blue touch paper and steps back slowly.....)

Page 39 of 530 FirstFirst ... 2937383940414989139 ... LastLast