Page 40 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Aberdeen manager Derek McInnes hopes to persuade forward Kenny Miller, 38, to join the Dons on a one-year deal. (Daily Record)

Miller, out of contract after most recently being at Rangers, has held talks with McInnes while Dundee, Motherwell and the striker's first club Hibernian are also keen on Miller. (Sun)

BBC Gossip page.

Quote Originally Posted by 64syrupofjarvie View Post
    That's the success and benefits of AberDNA showing already, fantastic 😉
    It’s great. Wonder how many folk answered ‘sign Kenny Miller’ when the club asked them how they wanted the money spent

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    It’s great. Wonder how many folk answered ‘sign Kenny Miller’ when the club asked them how they wanted the money spent
    Moving forward with ambition and youth.....let's hope there is a "no f*ckwit" clause for the DNAers....

Moving forward with ambition and youth.....let's hope there is a "no f*ckwit" clause for the DNAers....
    I assume he'd be uses as an 'impact sub' ? Better option than Maynard.

"good professional , set a work ethic example to the young uns' etc

Bit like Robson in his final year. Let's hope he doesn't get booked as often. Seriously that would be the biggest problem, without that cheeks protection halo from the refs '? (aye other than denting a youngster a place on the bench(

What are the odds held score against both cheeks ?

Just the usual summer nonsense from the papers. Miller is also linked with Hibs which I suspect would be a more favorable option for the young loon considering location and he's played for them before .

It's a no from me anyway, we can't afforded to waste wages on a 38 year old striker .

Can't see any truth in the Kenny Miller thing - he'll want to stay in the central belt and at a club where he's guaranteed games.

I'd like us to give Rooney the first half of the season as the main striker, and give GMS and McGinn the instructions to get crosses into him. Although he doesn't contribute much to the general play, he will still score goals. The alternative is Cosgrove who seems to hold the ball up better and win more in the air, but doesn't look like he'll score many... or May who doesn't score or really seem to add much to the general play. One thing that is clear though is that these 3 should only ever be played through the centre, not on the left or right wing or in the no.10 role. If McInnes wakens up to that it'll be a step forward.

If we're signing another striker it's surely got to be someone with pace and the ability to run in behind as that it something we're totally bereft of in the current 3.

Im sure if he signed some folk will stroke his and McInnes' hole

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    I'd like us to give Rooney the first half of the season as the main striker, and give GMS and McGinn the instructions to get crosses into him.
    Whoa whoa whoa. Less of your simple tried and tested tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Whoa whoa whoa. Less of your simple tried and tested tactics
    In fact... I'd like Wright to get a run out for a few games to see whether he can cut it or not... so Rooney up top, GMS and Wright out wide and McGinn in the no.10 role.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    In fact... I'd like Wright to get a run out for a few games to see whether he can cut it or not... so Rooney up top, GMS and Wright out wide and McGinn in the no.10 role.
    I like the sound of that

That's the success and benefits of AberDNA showing already, fantastic 😉
    Yeah, with one months contributions received (circa £75k gross) that may be all we could have expected to sign.
    AberDNA money is a long term project and will not have seen the cash flow into the club yet.

Nae me, thats for sure.
    If we sign Kenny Miller, it'd be by far the worst decision McInnes has ever made.
    It might even make me more vociferous than Mason against McInnes.
    Hopefully just paper sh!te

In what way is Kenny Miller a good professional? He stabbed his last 3 managers in the back, while leaking stories to his mate at the Record.

Dearie me, you certainly have issues young man.

The Sun prints a story about Kenny Miller and everyone is up in arms about it ... media mission accomplished.

Christ, the Sun gets berated on a daily basis about how ****e their headlines are, but as soon as it comes to Aberdeen and a hun, we all go into f*cking meltdown. Kenny Miller wont want to come to Aberdeen anymore than the fans want him here. Its just pish to fill the back pages, while involving a hun to give the knuckle draggers something to speak about. Nothing to see here at all.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Nae me, thats for sure.
    If we sign Kenny Miller, it'd be by far the worst decision McInnes has ever made.
    It might even make me more vociferous than Mason against McInnes.
    Hopefully just paper sh!te
    Worse than Goodwillie or Maynard?

Quote Originally Posted by Stupie82 View Post
    The Sun prints a story about Kenny Miller and everyone is up in arms about it ... media mission accomplished.

Christ, the Sun gets berated on a daily basis about how ****e their headlines are, but as soon as it comes to Aberdeen and a hun, we all go into f*cking meltdown. Kenny Miller wont want to come to Aberdeen anymore than the fans want him here. Its just pish to fill the back pages, while involving a hun to give the knuckle draggers something to speak about. Nothing to see here at all.
    To be fair, you posted about Guti and St Mirren.

I'm expecting a denial from Pittodrie along the lines of " No f'uckin chance, he's a Hun c'unt"

That'd put my mind at rest.

In what way is Kenny Miller a good professional? He stabbed his last 3 managers in the back, while leaking stories to his mate at the Record.
    Get him signed

Page 40 of 265 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090140 ... LastLast